Travel from Chafford Hundred to WHSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

batemite

Travel from Chafford Hundred to WHSB

Post by batemite »

Hi all,

I am trying to explore all the available option for my boy to travel from Chafford Hundred to WHSB.
The obvious one is by rail but there is about 25 min walk from the station to the school with (being protective mother) makes me nervous :)
Are there any coaches we could use?
I spoke with CSSE and was told that the 2 companies they work with don't go anywhere near our area.

All help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
AAE3

Re: Travel from Chafford Hundred to WHSB

Post by AAE3 »

Amber & Advance Coaches go from C100/Grays
sent you a pm
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

batemite wrote:Hi all,

I am trying to explore all the available option for my boy to travel from Chafford Hundred to WHSB.
The obvious one is by rail but there is about 25 min walk from the station to the school with (being protective mother) makes me nervous :)
Are there any coaches we could use?
I spoke with CSSE and was told that the 2 companies they work with don't go anywhere near our area.

All help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, it is a bit of a hike from Chalkwell station to the school (we live near the top of the hilly bit up from the station and although none of ours has attended the Westcliff schools, they did go to primary school a few minutes nearer to us than WHSB and we allowed fifteen minutes for that walk), but lots of Westcliff and Tommy More pupils do walk with no obvious ill effects. Most of them seem to stop off at the CoOp to refuel either on the way to school or on the way back. Or possibly both. At least it's good for local trade.

Just reread your post - I assume it is the length of the walk making you nervous, not the idea that walking through the streets of Leigh on Sea is somehow inherently dangerous?
Last edited by ToadMum on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mum of boys

Post by mum of boys »

Lots of boys walk up from Chalkwell and the advantage of the train is that if they stay for after school activities, then they can just catch a later train. Seems scary when they're only year 6, but a few weeks into year 7 and you'll wonder what you were worrying about!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now