Music waiting list SCD & parmiters

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dotty2468

Music waiting list SCD & parmiters

Post by Dotty2468 »

Hello wonder if someone can help me with this query.

We are currently 3rd & 7th on the music CI list at the above schools. First of all what are the chances of being offered a place in the next round of allocations in your experience?

Also (in the unlikely event!!) if you get offered one... Do you have to accept it or can you hold out for the school you prefer and hope a space comes up?

I have NO experience with secondary school allocation or CI lists so help would be much appreciated! Have read all the FAQ sections but can't seem to find the right answers. Thank you
Mgnmum

Re: Music waiting list SCD & parmiters

Post by Mgnmum »

You can accept a place if offered but still stay on CI list of a school higher on your preference list.
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

Movement will also depend on when the private schools offer their places and scholorships
Hera

Post by Hera »

SCD list always moves a lot and I think that there is a very good chance that you will get a place after the first CI run. Check your score on the sticky and see how far it has dropped in the past. If Parmiters was a higher choice you will stay on that CI.
Dotty2468

Post by Dotty2468 »

that sounds hopeful... Thank you will have a look for the sticky
minalpat78

Post by minalpat78 »

Hi, would this also be the same for academic place movement.... We are 7th on academic waiting list..... I can see over 35 places last year by June.... But I can't handle this waiting and hope he gets a place in the 1st run .... Also unsure because of the new test and scores this year.....
Dotty2468

Post by Dotty2468 »

It's very stressful isn't it. I would be so relieved to know we have a place in the 1st round but don't want to get my hopes up.
Dotty2468

Post by Dotty2468 »

Hera meant to add, our. DC achieved the right score for SCD (36) but places have been allocated on distance first.
minalpat78

Post by minalpat78 »

Yes very stressful, I hate waiting at the best of times, although think DS is taking it in his stride and I am the one pulling my hair out...

Would hope that others can keep us updated on the forum
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

Fingers crossed for you, but you just need to be patient. My dd didn't get place at Wgsg until after the 2nd run. Went from 9th to 4th to place. ( academic inner catchment)