Predictions for super-selectives' 2nd round and final scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chimera-ma

Predictions for super-selectives' 2nd round and final scores

Post by chimera-ma »

We're thinking of going on waiting lists for Judd and Skinners', since although we're happy with his TWGSB offer, DS would like to focus on sciences.

Before SCAF submission, I went through the KCC scores data and, taking account of bunching, location and some fairly arbitrary assumptions about families opting to go private, etc, I came up with 356 as my prediction for the final in-area Judd score; and I think Skinners' will go below it to 355 despite having a higher cut-off than Judd for the first round.

Any other thoughts are welcome! And maybe people would like to post their predictions for other schools as well?
NoBigDeal1

Re: Predictions for super-selectives' 2nd round and final sc

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

My son got into Skinners last year with 359, you have nothing to lose.its actually not that stressful if you are happy with what you have anyway. think I just spoke to a lovely admissions lady at Skinners every week after deadline and she told me what position we were each week! Went from 28 th or something to getting in.she was so helpful! Judd felt like a stretch too far academically for us and my son absolutely loves Skinners if that's any help!
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

Thank you, NoBigDeal1, for your encouragement. I think learning we were 28th or thereabouts on a waiting list, I'd have felt we didn't have a chance; I didn't realise the movement could be quite so much for the super-selectives.

I'm glad your son is enjoying Skinners'. The school was our son's favourite after all the open events.
NotEnoughHours

Post by NotEnoughHours »

Hi,
Just wanted to let you know that for 2012 entry when there were still only 4 classes at Skinners', after the 2nd round of offers had been made, my son was 33rd on the waiting list and by the end of May he was 6th! There is an awful lot of movement and nothing to lose by going on the waiting list.
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

Wow, I really hadn't picked up on that possibility and could well have come off the waiting list prematurely. Thanks for letting me know! :)
whichwaytogo

Post by whichwaytogo »

Also, there is a lot of movement after the 2nd round of offers. My son didn't get a place at Skinners in the 2nd round, but then there was another big movement after that and he got one about a week later. He also loves Skinners by the way. So def sit tight!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Sit tight chimera things do move.

2 very happy DS at Skinners' here but you have a great offer in TWGSB too.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now