WHSB - super organised!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
crispcg

WHSB - super organised!

Post by crispcg »

Wow. Can't believe how quickly WHSB have sent through the confirmation of my son's place and information pack! Very impressive.

Lots of information to read and a great video by the current year 7s on the parent web page for the boys.

Certainly makes it more real today. Scary :?
Moomin2015

Re: WHSB - super organised!

Post by Moomin2015 »

That is impressive. I wonder when we will receive something from SHSB. I am presuming they will send a letter of acceptance?
mysticaqua

Post by mysticaqua »

We also received our pack from WHSB today! Very impressed. DS looking forward to it now :D :D
Jaksx5

Post by Jaksx5 »

I also got my son's pack today. I was not expecting it this soon... All the same I was happy because it just gave me that final rest of mind...... This is the real deal.....
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Moomin2015 wrote:That is impressive. I wonder when we will receive something from SHSB. I am presuming they will send a letter of acceptance?
I have a memory that two years ago, the pack came from the school in time for them to want things sent back by something like March 27th, if you see what I mean? I may be misremembering, though.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tian

Post by tian »

Hi Moomin2015,
This morning I received big envelop from SHSB with forms and uniform info etc
Moomin2015

Post by Moomin2015 »

Hi, thank you. We have just received this too. DS was very impressed with his certificate and is looking forward to summer school and meeting his new friends. Does anyone know what the Olympiad event is about?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Moomin2015 wrote:Hi, thank you. We have just received this too. DS was very impressed with his certificate and is looking forward to summer school and meeting his new friends. Does anyone know what the Olympiad event is about?
Yes, it is a part of the summer fête: 'it's a knockout-lite' competition, teams comprising current and 'incoming' year 7s (mixed, not against each other). It goes on through the afternoon, but in neither year did the team that DS2 was in make it to the final, so for him not particularly time-consuming :lol: . It's a good way to meet people and help raise funds for the school - there will be various stalls, the second hand uniform shop will be open and refreshments and available.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Moomin2015

Post by Moomin2015 »

ToadMum wrote:
Moomin2015 wrote:Hi, thank you. We have just received this too. DS was very impressed with his certificate and is looking forward to summer school and meeting his new friends. Does anyone know what the Olympiad event is about?
Yes, it is a part of the summer fête: 'it's a knockout-lite' competition, teams comprising current and 'incoming' year 7s (mixed, not against each other). It goes on through the afternoon, but in neither year did the team that DS2 was in make it to the final, so for him not particularly time-consuming :lol: . It's a good way to meet people and help raise funds for the school - there will be various stalls, the second hand uniform shop will be open and refreshments and available.
Thank you, sounds a nice afternoon for us all.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Just remember to plan for all eventualities, weather-wise. It is usually hot and windy, but I must admit that I was very glad to be manning an 'indoor' stall one year when the heavens opened right in the middle of the event :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now