Anyone in Oxfordshire LEA got news for Shottery?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sky37

Anyone in Oxfordshire LEA got news for Shottery?

Post by sky37 »

Hi - new to all of this but have spent time reading lots of posts - just wondering if anyone is based in the Oxfordshire LEA and have heard about Shottery yet? Oxfordshire have messed up notification - meant to have an email yesterday but waited until midnight and nothing arrived. Rang this morning and they have technical difficulties! The wait is agony!
gingerly67

Re: Anyone in Oxfordshire LEA got news for Shottery?

Post by gingerly67 »

Hi Sky

We are Oxon and don't have the email yet either. However, I logged on to online admissions and viewed our offer (for KES) that way. Have you registered?

https://admissions.oxfordshire.gov.uk/C ... onsOnline/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck and hope you have news soon!
sky37

Post by sky37 »

Many thanks - I'll give it a go!
lar0202

Post by lar0202 »

We're in Oxfordshire too. We have had no email at all. I had to log on to the system to check and then saw we were offered KES. I have already accepted. I did receive an email confirming that from the 'system'. Hope you find out soon.
sky37

Post by sky37 »

Thanks for this - I logged on and found we have not been offered a place. But I rang Warwickshire Admissions and they were wonderfully helpful and she will be on the waiting list - won't find out where until 14 March, but at least that is information. Oxfordshire told me I wouldn't know about waiting lists until June!!
I-am

Post by I-am »

sky37 wrote:Thanks for this - I logged on and found we have not been offered a place. But I rang Warwickshire Admissions and they were wonderfully helpful and she will be on the waiting list - won't find out where until 14 March, but at least that is information. Oxfordshire told me I wouldn't know about waiting lists until June!!
Some parts of Oxfordshire are in the catchment area, those people got heir offers on the 1st March, I think. The rest of us (outers) will have to wait till after 14th to get any further news.
Though last year SGGS were making offers off the waiting list virtually next day (2nd March), apparently Head could make 8 offers off the waiting list to the people of her choice (the top scorers), whether they will do something similar this year is not known :-(
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I-am wrote:
sky37 wrote:Thanks for this - I logged on and found we have not been offered a place. But I rang Warwickshire Admissions and they were wonderfully helpful and she will be on the waiting list - won't find out where until 14 March, but at least that is information. Oxfordshire told me I wouldn't know about waiting lists until June!!
Some parts of Oxfordshire are in the catchment area, those people got heir offers on the 1st March, I think. The rest of us (outers) will have to wait till after 14th to get any further news.
Though last year SGGS were making offers off the waiting list virtually next day (2nd March), apparently Head could make 8 offers off the waiting list to the people of her choice (the top scorers), whether they will do something similar this year is not known :-(
If this is a state school, then waiting list offers, as with the initial offers of places, have to be made strictly according to the published admissions criteria. So moving to do with 'whom the head teacher chooses', unless ' next 8 places go to the girls the head likes the look of' is seriously one of the criteria?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
I-am

Post by I-am »

ToadMum wrote:
I-am wrote:
If this is a state school, then waiting list offers, as with the initial offers of places, have to be made strictly according to the published admissions criteria. So moving to do with 'whom the head teacher chooses', unless ' next 8 places go to the girls the head likes the look of' is seriously one of the criteria?
Well, that what was told to one of the candidates from the waiting list who got a call from the Head on 2nd March. I don't think that head saw or knew the candidates and the girl in question had score above the AQS and was out of catchment area. I guess the offers went to highest scorers from the WL according to official criteria.
I didn't mean to cause any stir by the way.
sky37

Post by sky37 »

Hmmm. I'm not sure if this is making me feel much better about the whole waiting list thing but thanks for the comments.....
WMMum

Post by WMMum »

Last year SGGS increased PAN from 112 to 120 the day after national allocations day, hence the 8 offers given.
Good luck with the waiting list, the waiting is hard but will be over eventually. Hang in there.