KES / KEHS assisted places

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Petitpois

KES / KEHS assisted places

Post by Petitpois »

There is a waiting list for these. Do not assume that because you did not get one or get called in for an interview, that it is all over. I did! :oops:
Tonythetiger

Re: KES / KEHS assisted places

Post by Tonythetiger »

A friend of ours got one but is turning it down so that's hopefully good news for you PP! Are you near the top of the waiting list?
tiredmama

Post by tiredmama »

Petitpois wrote:There is a waiting list for these. Do not assume that because you did not get one or get called in for an interview, that it is all over. I did! :oops:
It is all over, isn't it ... Do you think someone may turn down an assisted place? Highly unlikely :roll:

But how do you know there's a waiting list for assisted places?
"To show me is far better than to lecture everyday.
To lead me is far greater than to just point out the way.
So if you tell me everything then I shall understand,
But rapid streams of words cannot compete with deed of hand[...]"
tiredmama

Post by tiredmama »

I think we got a letter similar to yours pp, dd merits a place at the school but they can't provide assistance etc.
"To show me is far better than to lecture everyday.
To lead me is far greater than to just point out the way.
So if you tell me everything then I shall understand,
But rapid streams of words cannot compete with deed of hand[...]"
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think some assisted places do get turned down - when the figures are worked out, parents sometimes feel that they still cannot afford the required contribution
tiredmama

Post by tiredmama »

hermanmunster wrote:I think some assisted places do get turned down - when the figures are worked out, parents sometimes feel that they still cannot afford the required contribution
I see. Good point.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Tonythetiger wrote:A friend of ours got one but is turning it down so that's hopefully good news for you PP! Are you near the top of the waiting list?
That I don't know. I don't think anyone does. I don't think it works that way. Basically they seem to have a pot. That pot will go X distance one year based on random decisions and profiles of applicants and Y distance the next year based on the same factors.

The only thing for sure is they would not have written and told you your DD / DS merited a place, if they had not done pretty well in the test, in the first place.

PP
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

tiredmama wrote:
Petitpois wrote:There is a waiting list for these. Do not assume that because you did not get one or get called in for an interview, that it is all over. I did! :oops:
It is all over, isn't it ... Do you think someone may turn down an assisted place? Highly unlikely :roll:

But how do you know there's a waiting list for assisted places?
Hi tiredmama,
Someone from our school has given up their Assisted Place as they still have to pay a considerable amount just like we have given up our Scholarship offer for the same reason....! Good luck for you and anyone else who is waiting for KES places
Hajra

Post by Hajra »

We have given up our assisted place for the same reasons mentioned above . Hope it goes to one of you waiting. Good luck and keep us posted.