Qmhs and travel from Birmingham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Iram

Qmhs and travel from Birmingham

Post by Iram »

Hi daughter has a place at qmhs. I didn't go to any of the open days so have no idea what the school is like. Has anyone got any experience of this school? The grounds look very small and daughter most likey will be getting the greenbus from handsworth wood rd and i will pick her up after school. Is the journey bk from walsall to brum clear around 3.40 onwards on the m6? Or should i avoid the m6 route. Also I'm hoping for a miracle for dd to get into Scgsg on 213 as it's 10-15 mins away
Last edited by Iram on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quasimodo

Re: Qmhs and travel from Birmingham

Post by quasimodo »

Iram wrote:Hi daughter has a place at qmhs. I didn't go to any of the open days so have no idea what the school is like. Has anyone got any experience of this school? The grands look very small and daughter most likey will be getting the greenbus from handsworth wood rd and i will pick her up after school. Is the journey bk from walsall to brum clear around 3.40 onwards on the m6? Or should i avoid the m6 route. Also I'm hoping for a miracle for dd to get into Scgsg on 213 as it's 10-15 mins away
Congraulations on your dds place at QMHS.Simple journey up the A34 over the motorway junction then along the broadway.No need to avoid the M6 route.

It is one of the best schools in Walsall.

http://www.qmhs.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can visit the school on the open days.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Iram

Post by Iram »

quasimodo wrote:
Iram wrote:Hi daughter has a place at qmhs. I didn't go to any of the open days so have no idea what the school is like. Has anyone got any experience of this school? The grands look very small and daughter most likey will be getting the greenbus from handsworth wood rd and i will pick her up after school. Is the journey bk from walsall to brum clear around 3.40 onwards on the m6? Or should i avoid the m6 route. Also I'm hoping for a miracle for dd to get into Scgsg on 213 as it's 10-15 mins away
Congraulations on your dds place at QMHS.Simple journey up the A34 over the motorway junction then along the broadway.No need to avoid the M6 route.

It is one of the best schools in Walsall.

http://www.qmhs.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can visit the school on the open days.
Thank you will be going to the open day in April
um

Post by um »

I have heard of some girls who get the train together to QMHS from New Street station.
Iram

Post by Iram »

um wrote:I have heard of some girls who get the train together to QMHS from New Street station.
Thanks I'm hoping she makes some friends who go by train from brum and can then started traveling via train will be easier.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Iram wrote:daughter most likey will be getting the greenbus from handsworth wood rd
Sorry I was under the impression travelling to and from Handsworth Wood in Birmingham

I suppose it depends where.

If its the Handsworth Wood area the logistics generally wouldn't make sense to travel away from the school from the Handsworth Wood Road to the train station and then get out to it by train and then the short walk in the town centre in Walsall to the school.Also there are the considerable problems getting to New Street Station to drop off and pick up by car at all times of the day due to the traffic around it and as I have done on many occasions.

If its areas to the South of Birmingham then I can understand your logic. Getting by bus to the train station and then by train to Walsall will involve some long journeys.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Iram

Post by Iram »

quasimodo wrote:
Iram wrote:daughter most likey will be getting the greenbus from handsworth wood rd
Sorry I was under the impression travelling to and from Handsworth Wood in Birmingham

If its the Handsworth Wood area the logistics generally wouldn't make sense to travel away from the school from the Handsworth Wood Road to the train station and then get out to it by train and then the short walk in the town centre in Walsall to the school.Also there are the considerable problems getting to New Street Station to drop off and pick up by car at all times of the day due to the traffic around it and as I have done on many occasions.

If its areas to the South of Birmingham then I can understand your logic. Getting by bus to the train station and then by train to Walsall will involve some long journeys.
I'm not too far from the m6 it's just I don't want to be trapped on the m6 coming bk into brum in the mornings as I have work at 9 some days. This is why i was considering the greenbus. I can drop daughter to handsworth which is 10-15 mins drive then daughter gets bus staight to school. When she is more confident can get train from witton and not new st.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Iram wrote:
quasimodo wrote:

I'm not too far from the m6 it's just I don't want to be trapped on the m6 coming bk into brum in the mornings as I have work at 9 some days. This is why i was considering the greenbus. I can drop daughter to handsworth which is 10-15 mins drive then daughter gets bus staight to school. When she is more confident can get train from witton and not new st.
If its Aston your most sensilble and fastest route would be the X51 from any of its stops on the A34 and you would find that to be the closest to you and then a short walk about 6 or 7 minutes to the school.I would suggest you do that on the open day together.Many girls from the school already use this route.Its faster than any car journey with the priority the buses get on the route.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Abraham Lincoln
Puja

Post by Puja »

Hi Iram, how's your daughter findings travelling from. Ew street to QMHS? Is it easy to commute as sailing in the same boat. Thanks
Iram

Post by Iram »

Puja wrote:Hi Iram, how's your daughter findings travelling from. Ew street to QMHS? Is it easy to commute as sailing in the same boat. Thanks
hi we are doing car share with 3 other parents so i only do afternoon pick ups. On introduction day in June you will meet other parents so best to talk to them about car sharing and travelling on train. I know a few girls from hall green travelling via new street and they have no issues and sutton who go by bus. Your dd will find a travel buddy so don't worry in the holidays just do the train journey with her a few times
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now