Any one travelling from High barnet / new barnet station to

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

curiousappa

Any one travelling from High barnet / new barnet station to

Post by curiousappa »

Hi any one planning to (or already travelling)
travel from high barnet northern line tube or new barnet national rail to Moorgate for clsg?

I understand this will take around 55 minutes from station.

If there is someone please pm me.
Daogroupie

Re: Any one travelling from High barnet / new barnet station

Post by Daogroupie »

I think New Barnet to Moorgate would be quicker than that and City is five min walk from station.

Possibly 30 mins and no tube. Barnet is expensive though. Do you have a reason to be in Barnet? DG
Stokers

Post by Stokers »

Good thing about High Barnet tube though is that you can be more flexible about departure/return time and will always get a seat, in the mornings at least. DH (and from Sept, DD) does it everyday at about 7.45, and it's Camden before it gets really busy. New Barnet is a bit of a bun fight, especially if there's a cancellation.
coolmum123

Post by coolmum123 »

The school should be able to tell you. When we looked at City I was under the impression that quite a lot of girls travel down on the northern line at various stops and that they message each other and so meet up along the way. Yr7 also have a travel buddy who uses the same route ( might not be the same stop)
curiousappa

Post by curiousappa »

Stokers wrote:Good thing about High Barnet tube though is that you can be more flexible about departure/return time and will always get a seat, in the mornings at least. DH (and from Sept, DD) does it everyday at about 7.45, and it's Camden before it gets really busy. New Barnet is a bit of a bun fight, especially if there's a cancellation.
Thanks Stokers

I agree with train cancellation and it's not very frequent but house prices near high barnet is very high for 3 bed or 4 bed semi detached. Which varies from 700 to 800k mark
I will be spending more than what we get in scholarship on stamp duty.
But it's longer journey than travelling from new barnet.
I found near new barnet house prices were little less than high barnet station .

DG reason we want to move to barnet is my wife thinks she will get better job package in hertfordshire and we want to live nearer to either tube or national rail closure to clsg.

Can you recommend some good and cheap places in North near Hertfordshire which also close to tube or national rail station please
avidskier

Post by avidskier »

St. Albans has direct lines into the city in very little time and is a great town... But is very expensive
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

Potters Bar and Welham Green are both on the same train line as New Barnet and are both a bit cheaper (though still have their very expensive streets). From Potters Bar there is also the 84 bus that goes to High Barnet tube station.
Your wife is just qualifying as a GP is she not? The advantage of living there (as long as she drives) is that she could easily get to most of Barnet/Enfield for jobs but also drive up the A1 to Welwyn or Stevenage etc - especially if she is planning to locum to start with...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now