GCSE timetables - from school

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tense

GCSE timetables - from school

Post by tense »

I know that exam boards do publish their own timetables online, but I wondered if anyone had had their DC's personalised one from their school yet? Am not sure when it would be reasonable to expect this? (cannot for the life of me remember when my older DC got hers! :oops: ).
Daogroupie

Re: GCSE timetables - from school

Post by Daogroupie »

We got ours before half term. DG
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Got ours a few weeks ago it was dated 6th Feb but we didn't get it for a couple of weeks after that, might have been a problem with student-mail, sat in his pocket....... :)

I've put it onto a spreadsheet so he can see the timeline and hopefully plan revision accordingly. :roll:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

GCSE Entries closed 21st Feb 2016 but can be amended unti 21st April so some schools may wait until tiers of entry are finalised.
tense

Post by tense »

Thanks all. I rang school & apparently it's coming home this week (I will have to keep an eye out or it's very likely to stay in a pocket!).

That's a good idea about the spreadsheet Stevew61. My DD was very happy to be left to get on with things, with me just offering cake & a bit of support. My DS will need a lot more 'encouragement' :roll:
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

Tense, what forms of "encouragement" are you using?

Not sure what I can do for/with dd1. DH and I are foreign and old so don't understand the system.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

We have a spreadsheet with combined timetables already up on the fridge :shock: - I don't want anyone appearing downstairs at 8am expecting a lift if I'm going in the opposite direction, or forgetting to set an alarm :( . There's been one change since first draft (Biology paper moved from the end of the timetable to the beginning).
rittersport

Post by rittersport »

It's all getting a bit tense especially with the timetables being sent to us
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

Timetable is written in wall calendar by dd1 (on my insistence that SHE do it! Thought it might concentrate the mind a bit!).

She keeps complaining she is tired, and that everyone is very stressed about the upcoming exams.

Now I'm told I have to send in an SAE as she will be on a wonderful sports training camp in Budapest on GCSE results day- she was appalled at this idea- I guess they all NEED to hug and kiss each other and if blonde, (she is), scream cry and jump up and down for the local paper?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Silverysea - find out how you can collect them on the day for her - she'll probably have to write a letter giving you permission.

You need to know the results asap in case there is an issue with sixth form choices. Many school require places and subject choices to be confirmed very quickly.