Cranbrook to start at 11

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
westkent

Cranbrook to start at 11

Post by westkent »

This is good news. Children from this area will no longer have to travel out of the area to attend a grammar school from 11 and that will free up places for others. But how do you feel about your child being a Gineau Pig in September 2017? I understand they will take just one class of 30. And there will be no Year 8 that year.
mystery

Re: Cranbrook to start at 11

Post by mystery »

I am sorry I am not from the area so I am speaking out of turn but I would be very happy with that personally. I have taught both 13 to 18 and 11 to 18 myself and it is simple to adapt. Having year 8 missing will also not be of significance. Your child will be in a fully functioning 13 to 18 school - it has to be so much better than starting at a completely new school ( or at the Weald of Kent annex in Sevenoaks!)
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

:lol: I thought you meant 11am! Fab for lazy teens :lol:

JD
doodles

Post by doodles »

I wouldn't have any problems at all. It's a well established school with a good reputation, not having a year 8 for one year will be neither here nor there. If I lived locally to it and my children were of that age I would be aiming for them to go there.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now