Opinions on Graveney please?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
londonmum00

Opinions on Graveney please?

Post by londonmum00 »

We are in a difficult position to decide between Graveney ( selective stream ), JAGS and Alleyns ( we turned down Putney High ). Could parents with experience with Graveney please share their experience and opinion on the school? It has got impressive results, great leavers' destinations, outstanding Ofsted reports and an excellent reputation. DD is academic, she liked it and also liked JAGS. But the impressions I got from indies on open days were better ( quite understandably ). How is behavior and discipline in Graveney like? I hear able kids are challenged, and the selective stream is close to a grammar standard. But I would like to hear views from existing parents. Appreciate you input. Thanks
MCLC

Re: Opinions on Graveney please?

Post by MCLC »

Congratulations to your DD! I want to look at Graveney for my DD (2018). How does it work with the selective stream? as we don't live on the doorstep.
londonmum00

Post by londonmum00 »

Thanks. You need to have a high score in Wandsworth test which is verbal and non verbal reasoning. There are 70 places offered based on the test so the competition is very high
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Thanks for the info! I'll give it a go, can't hurt. Do you find out on National Offers Day whether you're successful?
londonmum00

Post by londonmum00 »

Yes. You get your test score end of Feb but only know if you get in on national offer day. Good luck
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Thanks! Do you mind me asking whether your DD is top of her class at a state primary? I'm trying to work out whether my DD has a chance. I don't know of numbers sitting the test etc.
londonmum00

Post by londonmum00 »

Yes she is. Will PM you