Coach services from Romford/ Ilford area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
newatthis

Coach services from Romford/ Ilford area

Post by newatthis »

Hi all does anyone have any feedback on Maymist and Crest coach services? I am looking to use them for my DS to travel from Romford to WHSB. Also, I would also be keen to understand how people manage with after school clubs as I think there is only one coach time back home? Do WHSB mostly have lunch time clubs?

On a separate note, I just spoke to AMI coaches and they have c45 people on their waiting list, so anyone planning on using them, please get in there quick (if not done so already).

thanks
newatthis

PS if anyone needs any numbers for these coach services, please PM me.
ayesha11

Re: Coach services from Romford/ Ilford area

Post by ayesha11 »

Hi,

We use Crest from Gidea Park and have never had any issues, for after school clubs its normally parents sharing pick ups formt he local area which works out well however a lot of clubs are in the afternoon, my son was only doing one after school club football

Best,
Ayesha
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

We live between the school and Chalkwell station and I quite often see boys walking down to the station quite a bit after school finish time, so presumably they have been taking part in some activity or working in the library (or just hanging out with friends). There used to be a service from Upminster to Romford during the week - I don't know if that still runs? Or you could pick him up at Upminster, perhaps?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tian

Post by tian »

Hi new this, so far I am sticking to the plan C2C from Upminster to southend for my son to be able to do the after school clubs, because I haven't found any coach service which picks up children after school club. If I would find one I will happy to consider it.
newatthis

Post by newatthis »

thank you for the replies. I think I will go for a coach service for now. On days where there are after school clubs, can anyone please advice on what is the best option re buses and trains. Are there regular buses to go to Southend Victoria or Rayleigh and then get a train? Or is walk to Chalkwell and C2C the best option?

I have tried looking at bus information online for Southend and must admit its a bit confusing, with so many different bus companies? is there a good site that helps you plan routes etc?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

newatthis wrote:thank you for the replies. I think I will go for a coach service for now. On days where there are after school clubs, can anyone please advice on what is the best option re buses and trains. Are there regular buses to go to Southend Victoria or Rayleigh and then get a train? Or is walk to Chalkwell and C2C the best option?

I have tried looking at bus information online for Southend and must admit its a bit confusing, with so many different bus companies? is there a good site that helps you plan routes etc?
Buses to Southend Victoria are the 29 (Arriva) and the 21/21A (First), catch them from the stop on the opposite side of Kenilworth Gardens from the WHSB / WHSG site. The 21 then carries on towards the hospital and SHSB, the 29 turns into Eastwood Boulevard (down the WHSB side of the site). The nearest place to catch a bus to Rayleigh is probably the First Bus 20 on Bridgwater Drive, about a ten-minute walk (via Mountdale Gardens down the side of the Tommy More site / Treecot Drive). If choosing between Rayleigh and Southend Vic I think I would go to Southend Victoria, personally.

As I have mentioned previously, an alternative would be to walk to Chalkwell (20-25 minutes) and use the c2c line to Upminster. Trains on c2c are generally more frequent than the Southend Victoria line. Or you could stay on the 21 / 29 to Warrior Square and start the journey from Southend Central (5 minutes longer on). the train than from Chalkwell
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
newatthis

Post by newatthis »

Thank you Toadmun, you truly are terrific! You have saved me so much time. I really appreciate it :D