Mini Bus / Taxi from Kesgrave Ipswich to CRGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ipswich-mum

Mini Bus / Taxi from Kesgrave Ipswich to CRGS

Post by Ipswich-mum »

Good Morning,

Our son had a change of heart last minute and decided to turn down Indie Scholarship offers and go for CRGS instead. We live in Kesgrave / Ipswich and would like him to travel to CRGS either by mini bus or a taxi. JR Travel coaches come up to Kesgrave but have 20 stops on the way to Colchester.
Is there anyone livig in Kesgrave / Martlesham area already using a mini bus / taxi service? Or would be interested to?

Many thanks x
ToadMum

Re: Mini Bus / Taxi from Kesgrave Ipswich to CRGS

Post by ToadMum »

Apologies for being inquisitive, but did you not post the other day that you had declined CRGS?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Ipswich-mum

Post by Ipswich-mum »

Hi Toadmum,

Yes, we had filled the rejection form for CRGS last week as soon as we have received the offer. But after my post my son decided he really wanted to give CRGS a try and that point we have informed the Indie schools as well.
We used to live in Colchester and planning to move back to Lexden once our younger son completes his primary education in Ipswich.

I know it was a very tough decision for our son and we really wanted him to go to our local Indie but at the end he made his own decision x
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

8)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I know the commute well being an ex KHS pupil myself, now living in Colchester, and have to say it is a long journey in rush hour traffic, with no easy public transport option should he need to stay after school. (65 bus to Colchester station, train to Ipswich, route 66 to Kesgrave being my DM's prefered route but she is not 11!). Is there no way you can move earlier? Or is your younger DC at an Indi in Ipswich by any chance, as they run some good bus services from parts of Colchester?
Mrs A

Post by Mrs A »

Hi
Our daughter has been offered a place at CCHS and we live in Kesgrave. So finding out more about local kids who are going to commute will be useful.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now