Re-marking/Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Pinklily10

Re-marking/Appeal

Post by Pinklily10 »

Can some one please advice me if you appeal against a grammar school decision, your child's exam paper will be automatically re-marked or re-assessed.???
Stroller

Re: Re-marking/Appeal

Post by Stroller »

You don't appeal against a decision, you appeal FOR a place for your child. That may sound picky, but it's intended to make the process more constructive with a focus on the case you are putting forward and the supporting evidence.

Tiffin Girls' School appeals are handled by the Surrey School Appeals Service, whose FAQ section does not mention anything about papers being remarked.
http://www.surreycc.gov.uk/schools-and- ... -questions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For the benefit of other readers, the question looks more general than my answer, but this thread suggests that the OP has TGS in mind and the school has already stated that
All marking has been rigorous and moderated therefore the school will not remark any tests.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
MadDad1975

Post by MadDad1975 »

Actually, you are appealing against the admission authority's decision to refuse admission - see page 5 of the Appeals Code. It is this decision and the case put forward by the admission authority at the appeal you need to overcome.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Yes, you're correct, what I was trying to say is that the positive side needs to be emphasised, merely complaining that you wish the decision had been in your favour won't change it unless you have demonstrable reasons to persuade the panel.

I've never been involved in an appeal, just trying to share pointers... Good clarification, thank you.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Pinklily10

Post by Pinklily10 »

Thanks Maddad1975 and Stroller for your feed back.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now