Abby or Kendrick

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
angelal

Abby or Kendrick

Post by angelal »

Hi, all,

If we take money out of the equation, which school do you want to send your daughter to? Can you provide some reasons, please?

Thank you.

Angelal
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Hi angelal,

Welcome to the forum! :D

Kendrick is very high in the national tables, usually placed top 10. But as always when you go to visit, that will help give you a feel for the school, and help decide.
I know girls at both and both are very happy.

BW
angelal

Post by angelal »

Hi, Bewildered,

Thanks for your reply.

Angelal
Terri

Post by Terri »

Hi Angelal,

I have a daughter at Kendrick and know several girls at the Abbey. They are all lovely bright girls .
If money isn't an issue for you, and to some extent as a parent you are indifferent to the choice,given that they are both good schools with good results; then I would suggest that your daughter write down a tick list of what matters to her and then you both visit both schools and compare them from her point of view.Things like where are her friends going, lunches, sports facilities, uniform and strictness about appearance, travel arrangements , length of day etc
Good Luck
angelal

Post by angelal »

Hi, Terri,

Thank you for your suggestions.

Actually, money is an issue, but I do want to get some advises other than money. :)

Thanks

Angelal
mum

Post by mum »

I'm repeating the same question again previously raised by Angelal. If money taken out of question (as daughter eligible for very high scholarship at Abbey), would Kendrick be a better option or Abbey considering academic as well as all round facilities. Any expert/ experienced comments highly appreciated. very confused..............
mum
louisee

Post by louisee »

Good evening Mum,
You mentioned a very high scholorship for The Abbey. I had not considered this school due to the fees as money is an issue for me.

I was under the impression that the maximum scholorship was a discount of 20 per cent off the fees. Am I incorrect in relation to this?

Many thanks for any responses I receive.

Louise :)
mum

Post by mum »

Hi louisee,
my DD is an existing Abbey Junior girl. Yes, they say that the maximum scholarship they offer is 20% but she has been offered much more than that........dont know if its anything special or it happens every year......
thanks,
mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now