online admissions !!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

banksy1

online admissions !!!

Post by banksy1 »

:? Hi everyone just wondering when online applicants find out as i have just looked on Bexleys site and they say you find out by email on the 4th March is this different to Kent as i thought we found out by email on the 3rd after 4pm if you registered online. Does anyone know ???
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

Kent are definitely letting people who applied on line know by email after 4pm on March 3. The date and time have been engraved on my mind for some time now :wink:
Headache

Post by Headache »

Does any know whether we get told if our child is selective/non-selective on the online application response, or do we have to wait for the letter on
Tuesday. I understand that we will be notified of the allocated school, but what about whether they passed or not?
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I too am unsure of this. If you try to login to the admissions page it only says that you will be notified of allocated place. No mention of passes.
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

shouldn't it be that if you were allocated a grammar school, it would mean that your child has passed (although no scores mentioned)?

Our letter from LEA last year said:

Your child **** has been a11ocated a place at

School A (grammar)

Your application for School B is withdrawn as first choice offered.
Your application for School C is withdrawn as first choice offered.
Your application for School D is withdrawn as first choice offered.

we applied for 4 schools (not your area) but I should think it goes along the same lines.

and if second on list is offered but not first, it wi11 appear accordingly.

There were no scores on the LEA letter but the fact that he was offered a place meant that he fulfi11ed that school's criteria.(ie, got the scores nece55ary)
Headache

Post by Headache »

But what if the grammar school is oversubscribed? We only had 3 choices on our form, our first choice was a medway grammar (she didnt pass), second choice a kent grammar and third choice a comprehensive. I'm worried we could get an email with the comprehensive school given as her allocated school - even if she has passed!!! What a headache!
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

Headache wrote:But what if the grammar school is oversubscribed? We only had 3 choices on our form, our first choice was a medway grammar (she didnt pass), second choice a kent grammar and third choice a comprehensive. I'm worried we could get an email with the comprehensive school given as her allocated school - even if she has passed!!! What a headache!
does it mean that if this happens, you can appeal to the oversubscribed grammar in Kent on account of her passing the Kent grammar test?

only a hypothetical question,( so please don't panic)... but trying to understand your system over there. Our school B was a selective school as well. We did not get any scores or know how he did from School B on Allocation Day because as far as the LEA was concerned, he was already offered a first choice school..

In our county,
if School A is already out of the equation,
he would have been offered School B if it was not oversubscribed, but will get school C ,
if B is oversubscribed and be put on waiting list for School B.

ARGHHH. I hope your headache does not get worse.
Headache

Post by Headache »

Yes we would be able appeal but its such a pain!!! Thanks for all the info :?
Kent99

Post by Kent99 »

Headache
Last year Kent CC told parents whether their child had been given a selective or high school assessment in the same letter telling them to which school they had been assigned. In other words, you will know whether your child passed the 11+ or not. Actual scores are available from your primary school.
c'est la vie

Post by c'est la vie »

Headache wrote:But what if the grammar school is oversubscribed? We only had 3 choices on our form, our first choice was a medway grammar (she didnt pass), second choice a kent grammar and third choice a comprehensive. I'm worried we could get an email with the comprehensive school given as her allocated school - even if she has passed!!! What a headache!
If she gets a place at a comprehensive school, she gets a grammar school equivalent education!

That's what a comprehensive school is. It admits all abilities and teaches those assessed 'selective' in a 'selective' stream.

I don't see what the problem is. :?