Wallington Girls offer acceptance

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Realkotti

Wallington Girls offer acceptance

Post by Realkotti »

Hi All,
Thanks for all your valuable information and comments here,

Without this forum parents like me will be pulling their hair to understand what is 11+ is and schools approach in offering places,

I would like to know if any members here have heard about parents declining their offer for Wallington Girls,so their DD's will be going to Tiffin/NonSuch/Sutton High or any other Private schools,

This would give a rough idea about number of girls on waiting list will have a chance to get in, obviously depending on their waiting list positions,

The school said there are 3 different waiting list and the position may go up or down, and wonder how can it go down :?:
This information would really help parents not to go down the appeal route and the stress associated, Wallys declined to give info on previous years,last waiting list position to get in :x
They have also approached girls who passed their Wally exam with high marks,and who accepted their first preference (not WHSG) to consider joining them,( to maintain their high ranking)
On the other hand kids like ours who passed and live with in walking distance do not know their future:(

Please add your thoughts and. Comments,

Thanks
Goodheart

Re: Wallington Girls offer acceptance

Post by Goodheart »

Realkotti wrote:the position may go up or down, and wonder how can it go down :?:
As I understand it, it's because:
Realkotti wrote:They have also approached girls who passed their Wally exam with high marks,and who accepted their first preference (not WHSG) to consider joining them
They'll have offered their PAN, so anyone who didn't have them as first choice but has been approached to "consider joining them" will be placed on the waiting list - in score order. Them being added to the waiting list will force people with a lower score down the list. Effectively, they 'queue-jump'. At least, that's my understanding of how it works - I'm happy to be corrected.
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

That is how it works. Our experience is that all the grammars round here do this.
I think it's the state school equivalent of the private schools increasing the scholarship offer when you initially decline them.
I agree it's tough for people on the waiting list but I don't think many are tempted and if they are it frees up a place at another grammar.
Realkotti

Post by Realkotti »

Hi GoodHeart and Moonunit,
Thanks for your inputs, I am still optimistic about my DD's chances for WHSG, being on their waiting list,

Would like to know parents in similar situation in and around South London,

Please load this space with more Info as you go,

Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now