Rugby High School - Revised Admission Arrangements

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MadDad1975

Rugby High School - Revised Admission Arrangements

Post by MadDad1975 »

Anybody think Rugby High's revised arrangements for this year will have much of an impact. They're ranking waiting lists by criteria and score instead of just by score.
Last edited by MadDad1975 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ToadMum

Re: Rugby High School - Revised Admission Arrangements

Post by ToadMum »

MadDad1975 wrote:Anybody know if Rugby High's revised arrangements for this year will have much of an impact. They're ranking waiting lists by criteria and score instead of just by score. I didn't even know this was happening but found it on their website. Can they even do this change so late in the day?
I don't know exactly when the school made the required changes in order to comply, but here is the reason for them, I think

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -school--2

The pertinent bit is where it says that waiting lists have to be maintained in accordance with the stated oversubscription criteria.

Some of the anonymous objector's objections are fair enough, but no the whole they do rather invite the comment that some people obviously have rather too much too on their hands...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
MadDad1975

Post by MadDad1975 »

So how come only Rugby High have needed to make the change? Don't all the other schools do the same thing?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

MadDad1975 wrote:So how come only Rugby High have needed to make the change? Don't all the other schools do the same thing?
It depends on what they state in their admissions policy? If they really do all have the same non-Admissions-Code-compliant policy as Rugby High School, then a challenge should be successful.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
guest201

Post by guest201 »

I think I read somewhere that the objector had chosen to object to Rugby High's Admission arrangements even though they do no have any daughters,only sons! which just proves that some people really do have too much time on their hands.
MadDad1975

Post by MadDad1975 »

I had a feeling they all did the same. That's why I was surprised only the girls school had changed.
Dee1980

Post by Dee1980 »

Hi,

Just wondering, has anyone seen any movement on RHS from the waiting list this week?

Anyone been offered a place or moved up/down the waiting list?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now