Coach for Watford Grammar Girls School

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ssym

Coach for Watford Grammar Girls School

Post by ssym »

Does anyone know if there are any coaches for WGGS, where can I find the info for these coaches. Tried calling school but they could not provide any info.
Daogroupie

Re: Coach for Watford Grammar Girls School

Post by Daogroupie »

Where are you trying to get from? The school has a small catchment area. It is really easy to find out if you are in it as the postcodes are all listed on the website. They do not have a single non catchment place so if you are not in those postcodes then you are not able to apply to the school. DG
Hera

Post by Hera »

There aren't any coaches that operate a service to WGGS, only local bus routes.
ssym

Post by ssym »

Helo Daogroupie,
We already got a place for my daughter from Outer catchment, Hatch End which is the most suitable area for my son (QE) and daughter (WGGS). The houses are too expensie in Hatch End so looking for the next suitable area for QE and WGGS.

Probably need to move to another location within outer catchment. Found a house in Richmondsworth which is affordable but wanted to check if there are any coaches for WGGS from Rickmondsworth or Watford High Street, QE has a coach from Watford High Street
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Google maps would be able to help you with regular buses.
scary mum
decaff

Post by decaff »

There is plenty of public transport routes available to WGGS. I have heard that QE now offer a bus from Watford which is interesting.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

scary mum wrote:Google maps would be able to help you with regular buses.
From the school's FAQs:

IS THERE A SCHOOL BUS FROM NEAR MY HOME ADDRESS?
There is no School transport. The School is a short walk from Watford Town Centre
which is well served by buses. Many girls travel by train to Watford High Street station
which is close to the School. Increasing numbers of girls walk or cycle to School.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Know Hatch End well especially Headstone Avenue. Have you looked at Croxley Green? DG
Hera

Post by Hera »

Arriva Buses travel through Rickmansworth/Croxley Green, the 320 and 324 and there are lots of girls that travel on them to WGGS, however the journey to QE would not be feasible from there. There are also girls that travel on buses from Northwood. I don't know if that would be any easier for QE? Sounds like it is going to be a difficult dilemma as the schools are so far apart.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I have no idea how horribly expensive houses are in Edgware, but that looks like the mid-point, transport-wise
https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/resul ... ning=False
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx