Changes to schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Petitpois

Changes to schools

Post by Petitpois »

There have been a lot of proposed changes in the way schools are run and governed recently.

- global academisation including primaries
- multi academy trusts and the challenges that this brings, e.g. management of commercial contracts
- the end of the parent governor??
- Very important.........the abolition of QTS and its replacement with accreditation based on a teachers classroom effectiveness, albeit determined by the head.
- compulsory maths till 18 / minimum level reached
- new curriculum and scaled scores (I understand guidance has been changed at least twice on this so far).
- schools funding formula re distribution / redefinition (big winners and inevitably some losers)
- proposed changes to GCSE appeals and the aawrding bodies criteria for them.
- Places deficit due to baby boom.

All in much to chew cud over if your trying to chart an optimal path through it all

Have to say I am seriously worried about DD2 and 11+ come 2017. I think even if nothing changes, pressure on cut offs will be significant.

Lots to take in..............
Enjoyingthejourney

Re: Changes to schools

Post by Enjoyingthejourney »

Welcome back, Pp.
It is quite scary, especially with the failure to offer compelling evidence for why this 'experiment' with British schools is necessary. The next couple of years will be interesting to say the least. I haven't even had a chance to speak to DS's HeadTeacher about it as we missed Consultation Day due to a winter bug. And there go my hopes to put in an application for Parent Governor once the post is vacant.
11+ 2017, the mountain suddenly looks steeper...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now