COPY script

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tracy

COPY script

Post by Tracy »

Anyone managed to get one of these for a GCSE?
Not the original script but a copy only.

School seems to think these don't exist and I'm talking out of the back of my head. :lol:
PurpleDuck

Re: COPY script

Post by PurpleDuck »

I'm quite new to the GCSE world - what are those, Tracy, please?
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

you can get photocopies of the paper done by the candidate. Can go through this with the teacher to see if the mark is reasonable - if you feel it is not justified then can get a remark.

Never got one for GCSE but did for one AS paper
Amber

Post by Amber »

Very quick google gave this as first hit. I am sure if you google the exam board concerned and put something like 'copy of script' you will get something similar.
http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administrat ... to-scripts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Thank you hermanmunster and Amber, it's clear now. I don't need this just yet, DS will be doing his GCSEs next year, but it's good to know such a thing exists. :)
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You can't get a copy of a GCSE before requesting a remark - this is only available for AS or A level.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Little alarm bells are beginning to ring about a forum member who requested something to do with their DS's GCSE scripts through their school examinations officer (as one must do), but as an individual - only for something to occur to his detriment when the school decided to ask for a mass remark. The point being that in that instance, the exam officer must have had some idea that a mass request from the school was on the cards. Also, I think that the school had negotiated a deal re no grade reductions, but the individual could not be included in this because their paper had already been looked at again.

(I don't think that I dreamt this, but not sure whether I would be able u task down the thread :roll: ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I remember that too TM, but have no idea where it might have been.

Eta was it this?

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 56&t=45095" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Tinkers wrote:I remember that too TM, but have no idea where it might have been.

Eta was it this?

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 56&t=45095" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Haha - you must be meant to be cooking dinner or something, as well?!). Yes, that was it. And QE too :oops: . I was just about to post the link when I saw that you had beaten me to it :lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The only issue was that QE did not tell the parent they were putting in a whole cohort remark - it's irrelevant that the mark went down as the grade did not change ie go down.

Most school would send a letter out with results or not sanction an individual remark in this circumstance. I'd have asked the school to refund the fee as they obviously messed up.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now