WGHS - Travel

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nasirkhan

WGHS - Travel

Post by nasirkhan »

Hi,

Our daughter got offer from WGHS and we have accepted it, we currently live quite far from Wolerhampton and planning to move to nearby, and considering options, so far we have Wolverhampton, Walsall and Bilston as our options. But not sure whether it is commutable in the morning/afternoon from Walsall/Bilston to WGHS, any advices,
thanks
pinkhousemom

Re: WGHS - Travel

Post by pinkhousemom »

I live in Walsall and decided against WGHS on travel grounds. I didn't want her to travel by bus and didn't fancy the commute (I used to travel the Tettenhall road to and from work everyday, years ago, and it was bad enough back then). I, personally, would choose Wolverhampton rather than Walsall or Bilston. Your circumstances may be different to mine, but I have another child to get to school as well, so for us choosing a school more local was right for us.
onebigdilemma

Post by onebigdilemma »

Bilston is not far but probably no direct bus she would have to change in Wolves centre.
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Bilston has a Metro stop (http://journeyplanner.networkwestmidlan ... Outbound/0), so you would be able to get to Wolverhampton city centre pretty quickly if you lived near the stop. Then a bus from the city centre gets you to the school pretty fast - check out journey details on the Network West Midlands website. But still easier to be somewhere near the school in Wolverhampton, if you have the choice.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

nasirkhan wrote:Hi,

Our daughter got offer from WGHS and we have accepted it, we currently live quite far from Wolerhampton and planning to move to nearby, and considering options, so far we have Wolverhampton, Walsall and Bilston as our options. But not sure whether it is commutable in the morning/afternoon from Walsall/Bilston to WGHS, any advices,
thanks
Abbey Coaches (Midlands) Ltd now operate an official school coach from Walsall since September 2015.The service was previously privately organised by parents with the company.There are about 8 girls who catch the bus from our stop in Walsall and many girls catch it at many other stops via Bloxwich and Wednesfield.Its a full size coach which is pretty full and the fare works out just over £5.00 per day.They should be at the induction evening like last year and you will be able to get exact details of the route.You can also contact them on 0121 557 9622 to get a booking form if appropriate and further details.

The journey is currently taking between an hour and 5 minutes and an hour and 15 minutes.I would suggest if you are relocating to find somewhere in Wolverhampton or nearby and if you want the coach somewhere close to its route.

By car in the morning rush hour the journey from Walsall is about 35 to 40 minutes.From Bilston I would think it is half that but may not be on the school bus route,They operate a number of coaches to the school another may go via Bilston. I don't know.

We are thinking of going by car next year due to after school sports which begin in year 8 but dd is happy on the bus and has made a number of friends.It may yet be a combination.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
nasirkhan

Post by nasirkhan »

thank you everyone for advices/information
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now