To choose KEHS or KE camp hill girls?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
selvabal

To choose KEHS or KE camp hill girls?

Post by selvabal »

Hi,my DD has got a place in King edwards Camp hill girls,birmingham.She got selected in KEHS ,Independent school as well.
In a big confusion if to send her to KE camp fill or is it worth spending money on KEHS?
Could anyone help/guide us please?
ToadMum

Re: To choose KEHS or KE camp hill girls?

Post by ToadMum »

selvabal wrote:Hi,my DD has got a place in King edwards Camp hill girls,birmingham.She got selected in KEHS ,Independent school as well.
In a big confusion if to send her to KE camp fill or is it worth spending money on KEHS?
You might get a better response if you either re-post in the 'Birmingham etc' region, or ask a moderator to move this thread there.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I'm not an admirer of the current KEHS head who imho is turning it into "just a school" (more specifically, a very expensive grammar school); the previous head was a Quaker and created a very distinctive ethos which is being steadily whittled away under the current incumbent. Given that it's becoming indistinguishable from a GS, I would suggest that you have nothing to lose by choosing KEHS except large amounts of money, and if you won't miss the money at all you will not regret the choice. In any other circumstances I'd go with CHG.
selvabal

Post by selvabal »

ToadMum wrote:
selvabal wrote:Hi,my DD has got a place in King edwards Camp hill girls,birmingham.She got selected in KEHS ,Independent school as well.
You might get a better response if you either re-post in the 'Birmingham etc' region, or ask a moderator to move this thread there.
Hi ToadMum,
thank you for your suggestion

I've moved this for you.
selvabal

Post by selvabal »

mike1880 wrote:I'm not an admirer of the current KEHS head who imho is turning it into "just a school" (more specifically, a very expensive grammar school); the previous head was a Quaker and created a very distinctive ethos which is being steadily whittled away under the current incumbent. Given that it's becoming indistinguishable from a GS, I would suggest that you have nothing to lose by choosing KEHS except large amounts of money, and if you won't miss the money at all you will not regret the choice. In any other circumstances I'd go with CHG.
Hi Mike1880,
thank you for your suggestion
year102012

Post by year102012 »

mike1880 wrote:I'm not an admirer of the current KEHS head who imho is turning it into "just a school" (more specifically, a very expensive grammar school); the previous head was a Quaker and created a very distinctive ethos which is being steadily whittled away under the current incumbent. Given that it's becoming indistinguishable from a GS, I would suggest that you have nothing to lose by choosing KEHS except large amounts of money, and if you won't miss the money at all you will not regret the choice. In any other circumstances I'd go with CHG.
Last edited by year102012 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meadowmad

Post by meadowmad »

How I agree with Mike1880 and year102012. DD loved KEHS so much under old head, distinctive small, liberal school but academically rigorous. New head is losing this - all about blazers, senior management teams and imposing changes and silly rules rather than consulting. Little engagement with older girls particularly. It's probably OK if you hadn't experienced it before! CHG better value for money.
Amarstone

Post by Amarstone »

I don't know much about about KEHS but both my daughters are at CHG and are very happy. I did look round KEHS with both and the chief difference, in my opinion, seemed to be that KEHS seemed to offer a vast amount of individual support if students needed it. In fact, my eldest said when we left that she though it was ok but she didn't think she needed quite that much help! Interestingly, when we looked round with Dd2, the girls who showed us round were quite impressed that my eldest was at CHG and said that they hadn't got in. I think that if your daughter is an independent learner and organised she will be fine at CHG; if she likes/needs more teacher support, I would go for KEHS.