Distance criteria - Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
R.gg

Distance criteria - Appeal

Post by R.gg »

Just wondering even our address is in the catchment but there are many parents appealing for the same school who are more closer to it than us in distance, so if it is over-subscription, whether the school consider nearest distance first even in the appeals or they don't consider the distance at any point in the appeals.
My second question will be shall I write academic and extenuating together now or there will be more than one hearing, first hearing academics and second hearing for over subscription.
Any help will be appreciated, thanks.
hermanmunster

Re: Distance criteria - Appeal

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi R.gg - re your second point about the two appeals - which school is this? Is it a school which selects on rank score in the exam ? or distance after passing the exam?
R.gg

Post by R.gg »

it is Upton grammar school selects on rank score and equally considers distance in their admission policy, im not sure do they also consider distances even in appeals cos then no point making an appeal.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

If appealing on distance or score then the only helpful thing would be if you could prove that you were put in the wrong category and there was therefore an error that led to the child missing out. I see in the admissions policy that after pupil premium and LAC it is 100 on score, after that it the remainder on distance. Unless you know someone who isn't on Pupil Premium or a LAC and falls into the last category who got a place further out than you I suspect this won't help you. Same goes for score. I presume you have got the information from them about how far out the last offer went and how far out they recorded you as being? Do check those - otherwise I suspect your argument will be on oversubscription not distance.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now