Position Codes

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

usa

Position Codes

Post by usa »

Dear Patricia.........or anyone else that can help me.
We are desparately stuck on Position Codes.......ie. code for MAST is NZHG, what is the code for PEAS? The answer is KVZG. I just do not understand how that comes about! Another one is, the code for DEN is WVM, what is the code for FOX? The answer is ULC. I know that it is something to do with counting in from the beginning, but wont children get confused (I know I am!) with the normal way of plus and minus codes?
Any light you can shed on the matter - I'd be extremely grateful!
Thank you!
USA
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear USA

Have replied under TIPS....CODES

Patricia
me

thank you

Post by me »

Thank you Patricia for helping me out on this one, and so promptly, too. Would you be able to tell me please, just how long the exam is? Also,I know that is is 2 of them, so do they take an average or take the best of the 2?
Thank You so much
USA
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear USA

There are 2, 80 question, 50 minute tests. They take the higher score only, disregarding the lower paper, it used to be the average of the best 2 out of 3

If I remember rightly you have been sent the familiarisation pack, which included 3 practice tests. Test A should be completed first as this is slightly easier, tests 1 and 2 are of the same difficulty as the 'real' thing.

Patricia

PS. for anyone new to this forum, this information is applicable to the Buckinghamshire 11 plus.
usha

word-number codes

Post by usha »

Hello,

I need help in working out number codes for words. Could anyone kindly explain to me how to work out the following questtion:
the number code for MOLE is 4385, the number code for LEAD is 4675, the number code for MADE is 7538. What is the number code for DEAL, LAME, DALE and MALL?
Eagerly awaiting for the solution,
Thanks
Usha
fm

Post by fm »

To Usha,

I think you may have misread the question. It probably says the codes for mole, lead and made are 4385, 4675 and 7538, 'but not necessarily in that order'.
You work out that M= 4 because two of them begin with M, E=5 because the same two end in E, D= 8 and so on.
Hope this helps
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now