Rickmansworth waiting list movement

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mollymoo46

Rickmansworth waiting list movement

Post by Mollymoo46 »

Hi,
My friends DS is currently 16th on the academic waiting list for Rickmansworth school with a score of 207 (right on this years cut off). She has heard nothing after the first round from Herts admission , or the school, so is assuming he has not yet been successful. Can any forum members shed some light on how far the waiting list has moved? We are unable to contact the school at the moment, due to the Easter holidays.
Hardwork786

Re: Rickmansworth waiting list movement

Post by Hardwork786 »

A friend's son scored 206 and was second on waiting list and got a space end of last week.
Mollymoo46

Post by Mollymoo46 »

Was your friends child second on the distance waiting list?
There are separate waiting lists for distance,music and academic.
Hardwork786

Post by Hardwork786 »

Academic waiting list. What list are you on? Is there an outer and inner catchment?
Hardwork786

Post by Hardwork786 »

Are you sure about the score? It should be the original score and not with the 25 marks added. As a score of 207 would definitely mean you're in.
Mollymoo46

Post by Mollymoo46 »

Hi Hardwork.
It is my friends son on the waiting list. He is currently no 59 on the distance waiting list(WD19 area so lives quite a distance from the school). And no 16 on the academic list with a score of 207. He didn't sit the music test, so not on that list.
It doesn't make sense, that your friends child with a lower score of 206 was second on the waiting list, if my friends child with a higher score was placed at number 16.
This is why, I think your friends child was offered either a distance or music place.
As far as I know there are no inner or outer catchment areas.
Mollymoo46

Post by Mollymoo46 »

Yes. 207 is his original score. I will double check with her that I have got the right score.
Hardwork786

Post by Hardwork786 »

It's definitely an academic place as she lives near parmiters. Ricky was her fourth choice. Her son didn't do music test either. I would recheck the email you got from the admissions about your score as a score of 207 would mean you're definitely in.
Mollymoo46

Post by Mollymoo46 »

Hi Hardwork.
I have double checked with my friend and her sons score was definitely 207. Rickmansworth was their first choice. They were given their second choice and as you know are now on academic and distance waiting lists. My friend is desperate for a place at Rickmansworth for her son. Can anyone on the forum explain what has happened? Could admissions have made a mistake?
Hardwork, did your friends child definitely score 206? It's not that I am doubting you, but we just want to double check all the facts before we ring admissions tomorrow. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I am interpreting the admissions criteria incorrectly?
Hardwork786

Post by Hardwork786 »

Yes my friend's son definitely scored 206. He now has a place at rickmansworth. And it was given on academic as he lives very far from the school (north Watford). I'm not sure what has happened. And another friend's son scored 207 and got a place at rickmansworth. Lives far too.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now