ColCHS school hours/after school care

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Allice

ColCHS school hours/after school care

Post by Allice »

Morning all,

Wonder if any current parents with daughters at colCHS can help?
I'm going to call the school today but wondered if someone here could answer my question. ideally I need to drop my daughter at 8am and pick up at 445, is there any provision for this? Will probably only be for year 7 and she probably won't like it but it would solve many problems for me.

Thank you
bravado

Re: ColCHS school hours/after school care

Post by bravado »

At the end of the Autumn term 2015, parents received an email to announce that CoCHSG was proposing to introduce after-school provision, on a pre-book and pay-for basis, after the February half-term. We were given an email address and please feel free to pm me if you'd like that address. I have heard no other announcements to say it's been put in place.
Dotty12345

Post by Dotty12345 »

Hi my daughter is currently in year 7, I drop her at the school at 8.00am and they are allowed to go into the dinning area where they can get refreshments, think they also play music/pop videos. Tare quite a few girls that get there at around 8.00am so she would not be on her own.

Re afterschool I am lucky that I work in Colchester so my daughter walks to my office - however as above the school are looking a providing afterschool club.

Hope that helps :D :D
Allice

Post by Allice »

Thank you both, that's really helpful. I also work in town so my daughter can walk to me too, she's just such a ditz that I'm not sure I trust her. We'll do some practise walks next term but it's good to know that the after school provision is there until I feel more confident.
KB

Post by KB »

There are so many girls that walk in to town from school she would really have to work hard to get it wrong ;)
Some children find it helpful to have that walk at the end of the day to chat with friends/ stretch their legs/ clear their heads.
Dotty12345

Post by Dotty12345 »

Hi

It is a straight forward walk, my daughter a bit on the ditzy side to lol.. But I drew a map and did practice walks.. She now also gets 65 bus into too if it is raining, it is amazing how they grow up in just a few months. Xx
Allice

Post by Allice »

I'm sure you're both right and the walk will do her no harm at all, I am quite near the county hospital so she doesn't have far to come.
I'd just rather know I have the option, I also have a son at another school and have been offered a new job with longer hours and am trying to work out if it's viable.
KB

Post by KB »

Does the school have a library open after school hours?
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Yes.

If she is sporty/musical there will be plenty of after school clubs to keep her occupied as well.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Minesatea wrote:Yes.

If she is sporty/musical there will be plenty of after school clubs to keep her occupied as well.
And will have a much better chance of getting into teams, etc, one would imagine, given the number of girls who will be dashing off to catch their coaches back to London at the end of the day :lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now