Appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

spinney

Appeal

Post by spinney »

In need of advice desperately.

My niece scored 103 in the 11+ CEM for bucks and a review was requested. That was rejected as they found the grounds were not sufficient enough.

The grounds we went with were : My brother and sister-in-law, both were unwell for last 18 months and this had a severe impact on my niece attainment. My brother was diagnosed with Diabetics and was unemployed for quiet a while. His sugar levels moved from 12 to 32, where 6-8 is normal. My sister-in-law was suffering from arthritis and was bed ridden unable to carry out any day-day work. There is enough medical records to support this case. But as my niece did well at school and did not show any down trend at school, the appeal team said that there was no impact on her attainment. The fact was that she did well at school and was unable to put in any work at home due to the conditions at home.

The school recommended her on 1 or 2. And the headteachers comments were very supportive. But we feel that there was no support for her to prepare or practice at home.

Could you please advice me on what grounds we can move forward during the Review meeting. Do you think there is any chance ? Has anyone used parents medical grounds to appeal and were successful ?

Please advice.
Guest55

Re: Appeal

Post by Guest55 »

Welcome.

Have you looked at the thread on appeals at the top of the Buckinghamshire section?

The first hurdle is to prove the review was not fair, consistent and objective. There are some ideas there but you might want to share more detail of the review feedback in the confidential area.

You'll need academic evidence to show she's of GS ability - that is the most important thing after getting over the FCO part.
spinney

Post by spinney »

Many thanks Guest55.
I'll PM you the review soon.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

PM it to Sally-Anne or post in the confidential area.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

This is info about the confidential box http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=9907" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now