Travel to burnham grammer school from hounslow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ridrish

Travel to burnham grammer school from hounslow

Post by Ridrish »

Hi, My dd sat for 12plus and got offer from burnham grammer. Please suggest How to travel from hounslow to burnham grammer by mini school van?TIA
scary mum

Re: Travel to burnham grammer school from hounslow

Post by scary mum »

Welcome to the forum & I hope your DD is happy at Burnham Grammar. If you have a place it might be a little late to start thinking about how to get there. There won't be a school mini bus, it is a Buckinghamshire school so they don't need to provide transport to Hounslow. There may be privately arranged transport - you could ask the school. They may be able to put you in touch with other parents from nearby.
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

As the school website says that it is a ten minute walk away from Burnham railway station, perhaps a bus to your nearest station on the line from Paddington to Burnham, then the train? Had you been led to believe that the school / Bucks CC did provide transport?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Ridrish

Post by Ridrish »

Thank you scary mum and toad mum....I have searched to bcc paid travel out of county, but no Luck..any way will check with the school tomorrow but where to enquire about private mini hire or car pooling?scary mum result were out on 1st of April and since then we are just searching for traveling options. Yea my dd is very happy:)
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The school were certainly inviting the 2016 year 7s to hand in details if they were looking for car shares, without taking responsibility for any of it, so you may be able to link in to this. I think it would take a bus & then train from Hounslow and then a 10 minute walk from the station (check Google maps). My comment was more that it might have been an idea to work out transport before applying to the school. It is quite a long journey to do for 6 years, with dreadful traffic. Mind you, people attempt much worse & I'm sure there are a few travelling from your area.
scary mum
Ridrish

Post by Ridrish »

Thank u scary mum... We r exploring all the options, we have planned to move there if will not get any better option.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now