Appeal for Non-Qualification

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
meka

Appeal for Non-Qualification

Post by meka »

Is it worth applying for an appeal against Oversubscribed Selective Grammar school(HBS) which is an Academy if u have all positive results with very high ranks from rest of the North London selective schools(including Latymer/DAO/MHCHS) and a recent school report with level six in writing, reading, maths and science?

Please give ur guidance. Thanks
Sally-Anne

Re: Appeal for Non-Qualification

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Meka

Thank you for your message to the AppealsBox. I can't answer specific queries about HBS because it is not in my area. I'm sure others will try to help if you post your question here.

Regarding the other points you raise, have you read the Appeals Q&A? http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I think you will find the answers to most, if not all, of your questions there.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Hi Meka

I am not sure about the appeals situation at HBS but Sally-Anne's link will provide you with all the information you need. One word of caution though, there will be lots of girls with very high ranks at other schools and level 6s in their reports which have not qualified for HBS or indeed other schools s you will need more than that in my opinion.

Good luck.
mad?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Meka, do you mean, not qualified as in, invited to take part 2 but wasn't in the 123 or however many who have been offered a place so far, or in the sense of not having been within the top 300 invited to take part 2?

If your DD took part 2, then I suppose you might just have a case if you can prove both her high academic level and that something catastrophic happened which affected her part 2 result so badly. If she wasn't invited to take part 2, though, I would suspect that you have no chance at all. Either way, even if you won your qualification argument, you would have to convince the appeal panel that your DD's need for a place at the school outweighed any disadvantage to the school caused by it admitting her (although they do seem to be quite good at suddenly finding that they can take an extra 7 girls after national offer day, so a panel might just take the view that they wouldn't really notice an 8th).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx