Shakespeare's Parade 23rd April

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rimjhimm100

Shakespeare's Parade 23rd April

Post by rimjhimm100 »

As I understand this Saturday is going to be very busy in Stratford! DS starts at KES this Sept so we are looking forward to being a part of this special day so any tips from the experienced ones will be gratefully accepted - what time to aim for, parking, other activities etc?
Warks mum

Re: Shakespeare's Parade 23rd April

Post by Warks mum »

You may like to check this thread - more detailed information towards the end!

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 9&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

rimjhimm100 wrote:As I understand this Saturday is going to be very busy in Stratford! DS starts at KES this Sept so we are looking forward to being a part of this special day so any tips from the experienced ones will be gratefully accepted - what time to aim for, parking, other activities etc?
They close the roads off quite early and even though the boys have to be at school for something like 10am, the parade doesn't get started til about 11am. Finishes about 12 ish I think. Boys aren't allowed to wear coats but are allowed an umbrella. We probably missed the more interesting parts in the town centre as we stayed riverside and got to chat to DS as he was hanging about waiting to walk.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Does get busy, but lasts ear we found it was a good spot to start watching on the corner of the road that has the town hall and the Italian coffee shop on each side, then down to the corner by the chip shop for a bit more, then along and up to outside mcdonalds where we got to see the boys again.

Great atmosphere.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

That explains all the white flag poles down the high street today! :)
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Thank you so much Warksmum, Bect1969 and Yamin51. We will plan our visit accordingly and definitely aim to be there for 10.30am.
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Warks mum wrote:You may like to check this thread - more detailed information towards the end!

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 9&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you Warks mum, I missed all this info as we were away over Easter and am still catching up with the forum!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now