Light weight vacuum cleaners

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MamaBear

Light weight vacuum cleaners

Post by MamaBear »

Hi I'm looking to buy a light vacuum, my Henry vacuum is proving to be too heavy to lug up and down. Anyone got any suggestions?

Many thanks
Sally-Anne

Re: Light weight vacuum cleaners

Post by Sally-Anne »

Unless you have more than two floors in the house, buy another vacuum for the first floor and a small hand-held for the stairs. The Henry will always be good for the ground floor where there is more dirt/crumbs.

(Sorry if that sounds facetious or simplistic, but I know someone who had exactly the same issue, and that was the solution! :D )
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Sorry to hijack but has anyone got any recommendations for steam cleaners?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

hermanmunster wrote:Sorry to hijack but has anyone got any recommendations for steam cleaners?
Don't!

I bought one and it was utterly useless. I guess it depends what you want it for, but it didn't do any of the things I had hoped it would. It was a good mid-range Kaercher as well, £90 or so, down the drain.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Sally-Anne wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:Sorry to hijack but has anyone got any recommendations for steam cleaners?
Don't!

I bought one and it was utterly useless. I guess it depends what you want it for, but it didn't do any of the things I had hoped it would. It was a good mid-range Kaercher as well, £90 or so, down the drain.
I have one gathering dust too.
scary mum
salsa

Post by salsa »

I have a Dyson vacuum cleaner which is quite light; a VAX carpet cleaner which is very good and a Gtech carpet sweeper which is great for light carpet sweeping.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Miele always. Cat and Dog.

My one encounter with a steam cleaner ended with me entirely naked on the patio dragging it in all its hideous puffing yellowness up and down steps while the cats cowered behind the birdbath . I'd got so wet squirting the thing at the paving stones that my clothes became a liability and I couldn't leave one corner all grey and shameful while the rest of it glowed like a synthetic beach. Not pretty and definitely not recommended. My children still have nightmares.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Amber wrote:Miele always. Cat and Dog.

My one encounter with a steam cleaner ended with me entirely naked on the patio dragging it in all its hideous puffing yellowness up and down steps while the cats cowered behind the birdbath . I'd got so wet squirting the thing at the paving stones that my clothes became a liability and I couldn't leave one corner all grey and shameful while the rest of it glowed like a synthetic beach. Not pretty and definitely not recommended. My children still have nightmares.
The mind boggles. Hope the cats weren't too traumatised.
scary mum
salsa

Post by salsa »

:D Any excuse! Only joking.
By the way, my children asked me today if it was illegal to be naked in the street. I said it was "indecent exposure". Then, they asked if you were in your property and people could look in, would that be illegal. I said I guessed not as people shouldn't be looking in.
I don't know where this questioning comes from!
Amber

Post by Amber »

scary mum wrote:
Amber wrote:Miele always. Cat and Dog.

The mind boggles. Hope the cats weren't too traumatised.
Don't tell the RSPCA. I gather they are quite litigious these days and if they can prove PTSD I might face some hefty legal costs.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now