Beths and Bexley Waiting Lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
1st Timer

Beths and Bexley Waiting Lists

Post by 1st Timer »

Hello- Does anyone know if the waiting lists for Beths and Bexley Grammar Schools have started to move at all? I waited until just after Easter before I called the schools to see where my son was on their lists. When I called back today, he hadn't moved up at all, which was surprising/disappointing. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!
gasman

Re: Beths and Bexley Waiting Lists

Post by gasman »

Having called this week there had been no movement, when do they usually start t move?
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I think there were a good number of late sitters this year. I saw another post that had a number much higher than the 5,499 that were mentioned in my daughter's results letter in October. If they passed and are close to the schools then these will jump ahead giving the impression of no movement. I don't know how that compares to previous years but I also know some who were hoping for Wilmington were stumped by the very small catchment so have kept their places at a Bexley grammar when in past years they would have given up the space. Good luck.
salsa

Post by salsa »

There is also movement once all appeals are heard in Kent. Expect this to be at the end of May. Good luck.
Mich895

Post by Mich895 »

Would just like to second what Salsa has said. In previous years I have known Bexley places given up after successful Kent appeals.
gasman

Post by gasman »

Brilliant, thanks for the information
gasman

Post by gasman »

Just a quick up date, there has been some movement recently as we have gone from 21st to 11th since start of May, it may be some people are finally giving up the places they don't need/want, here's hoping.
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

Hi gasman fingers crossed for you ! If you don't mind me asking was your movement for bexley or beths?
gasman

Post by gasman »

It was for beths. Good luck to you
salsa

Post by salsa »

gasman wrote:Just a quick up date, there has been some movement recently as we have gone from 21st to 11th since start of May, it may be some people are finally giving up the places they don't need/want, here's hoping.
Yes, I presume after all appeals were heard. Now, let's hope that those holding two or more places release them soon.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now