Travel to Tiffin Girls' School from Tolworth

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jojomimi

Travel to Tiffin Girls' School from Tolworth

Post by jojomimi »

So glad my daughter has got a place at Tiffin Girls' School starting this September, just wonder about the travelling arrangement , I know there is a direct bus 671 which runs at 7.24 am from Chessington South Station and arrives at Tiffin Girls' School at 8:08 am, then in the afternoon it starts at 3.25 pm at Tiffin Girls, what time do the students have to arrive in the morning and what time do they finish in the afternoon? Are there any parents out there that live in Tolworth area or nearby so we can do picking up and collecting them back in turns? As I am thinking of sending her and pick her up for a few months or so. But if there are other parents that also send their girls to TGS by cars, can we arrange picking up in turns?
Peridot

Re: Travel to Tiffin Girls' School from Tolworth

Post by Peridot »

Hope this helps jojomimi:

http://www.tiffingirls.org/getattachmen ... 14-15.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jojomimi

Post by jojomimi »

Thank you Peridot, it's very helpful!
Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

You will find day 1 most parents take their daughter by car, they will have multiple bags, but PE kit and DT folder will then stay in locker. Only 2 or 3 years are in that day, remainder start following day.
I suspect you will find it quite heavy traffic at school times, especially in Richmond Road in afternoons. It is so bad many TGS girls walk to Kingston which can be quicker. The morning start time is before traffic gets really bad.

Having a direct bus is useful, there is also the 65+71 combination which overlap for 2 Stops in Kingston, some girls do this if these buses come first. Depending on your exact location, other variations such as K2 or 281 into Kingston might work better.
The 65 is due to get a revised timetable in July and there is possibly going to be a change to 671 from Sept (TGS grows by 60 places and adjacent KA by 150 or 180), this expansion also happens following couple of years.
jojomimi

Post by jojomimi »

Hi Snowdaddy, I agree with you , walking to Kingston and taking buses from there is easier. Thank you for your useful information.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now