results??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
arc

results??

Post by arc »

hi does anyone know when the results are out? i thought they came out on monday if i applied by email - which i did. but someone else said they come out on saturday? anyone know roughly what time we should expect the email? thanks
essex-mum18

Re: results??

Post by essex-mum18 »

arc wrote:hi does anyone know when the results are out? i thought they came out on monday if i applied by email - which i did. but someone else said they come out on saturday? anyone know roughly what time we should expect the email? thanks
Hi

I also heard that some mums thought the result would come out on SAT.

I just checked the purple LEA guide under 3 March 2008 National Offer Day, it states " An email will also be sent to those who applied online and who asked for it, confirming the outcome of their application."(page 9)So, I assume the result should come out on 3 March.

From this forum, some parents advised that the result comfirmation by email is according to alphabetical order of the surnames. But not 100% sure myself.
guest904

Post by guest904 »

Why guess?? information is on the Essex CC web site:

"School Allocation Information
You can view your child's allocation status online from 3 March for secondary and 1 April for primary. Log in using the email address and password which you used to apply. An error message to say that the email address or password is unrecognised usually indicates the site is too busy at that time. Emails are sent beginning at 3 p.m. on the offer day, but it could take until the evening for them all to be generated."

Link below:

http://www.essexcc.gov.uk/vip8/ecc/ECCW ... lOid=73740
arc

Post by arc »

thanks for that - but i think if we are in southend borough we can't log onto the essex web site - i think that is right? so just have to wait until the evening to get the email ?
guest904

Post by guest904 »

From the Southend web site:

"Parents who apply online will be notified of the outcome of their preferences during the late afternoon of 3rd March 2008."

http://www.southend.gov.uk/content.asp? ... ntent=9611

So no web access unfortunately for those in Southend.
harry2012

Post by harry2012 »

If you look at the CSSE brochure it says

11+ Test Results will be sent to Parents on Wednesday 5th March 2008.
Test results will be posted OR emailed (close of business) according to your method of registration
on Wednesday 5th March to all those parents whose children sat the tests the previous November
or December and whose preferences for Consortium Schools, as stated on the Common Application
Form, have been confirmed to the Consortium by their Local Authorities.
Assessment of a child is only undertaken by the Consortium in relation to application and admission
to the twelve Consortium Schools. Test results are not provided to parents who do not express a valid
preference for at least one Consortium School on their Local Authority Common Application Form.
The processing of a child’s test papers by the Consortium is dependent on confirmation from the
relevant Local Authority that a valid application has been made for that child to a Consortium School.

Has this been changed??
arc

Post by arc »

this is just so confusing!! so if we applied on line for southend borough we should get e mail sometime tomorrow afternoon and a letter with more detail thursday of friday? is this right? i'm so sick with worry !! cheers
harry2012

Post by harry2012 »

Have since seen that national day is tomorrow so assume you will hear tomorrow, I got my e.mail around 7pm last year..good luck
Marie Essex

Post by Marie Essex »

Last year the results could be accessed via ECC website. We got through about 8 a.m. - the word you are looking for is 'allocated'.

The emails stream through the remainder of the day to all parents who have applied online - not just the 11+ hopefuls, so it does takes some time. We got ours at about 8.30 p.m. It was only then that we really believed our eyes.

All I recall about this time is an underlying feeling of numbness and contantly wondering if I had done the right thing putting our daughter through it all. I look at friends going through this now and I can see it all in slow motion, once again...

I hope the sun shines tomorrow. Marie
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now