Mock exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
CrossCountryMum

Mock exams

Post by CrossCountryMum »

Any thoughts on mock exam providers?

My son is doing OK in his prep but I'd be interested in his performance in an exam situation.

If I was to book a hall and make the arrangements would anyone be interested in a DIY marking mock?

These papers look good? http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/w ... GwodKW4ANg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cup of tea

Re: Mock exams

Post by Cup of tea »

The papers you have linked are actually written by a gloucestershire (and bucks) based tuition company. They run mock sessions throughout the year. We used some mock sessions a few years ago. Very good practice and you get a detailed breakdown with your child's score against the cohort. Not cheap, but it was definitely worth it.
Mrsdevonshire

Post by Mrsdevonshire »

Our son did prep at home but attended a mock exam in August and got feedback. It really helped and for the cost, £30? was good value for money.
SpeckledFrog

Post by SpeckledFrog »

We helped our daughter to prep at home during year 5. She did a mock exam towards the end of July and the written feedback we got from this helped us to focus the remaining time before the 11 plus on her weaker areas. She also gained experience of sitting the papers under formal exam conditions. The feedback cost extra with the provider we chose, though I don't know if this is always the case. We felt that it was worth the money overall.
CrossCountryMum

Post by CrossCountryMum »

Thanks everyone :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now