Sutton PTA exam possible swap?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MMum

Sutton PTA exam possible swap?

Post by MMum »

Hello there

Hoping someone can swap me for May 15th afternoon? I am pretty flexible hoping to get another PAper A test.

Thanks
MM
Flustered

Re: Sutton PTA exam possible swap?

Post by Flustered »

Not sure swapping a good idea. Why not contact PTA directly to see if they can help although you have left things a bit late? When my dc sat, they checked details on the door for H&S reasons. How embarrassing if you turned up but were not let in. Last time things were delayed by a few minutes as someone turned up for the wrong sitting but thought they should still be let in. I guess they came back on the right day! The tests are so well organised; the last thing the PTA need is us parents mucking things up on the day.

Good luck to those sitting the A Test this weekend. Third time for us and bizarrely I am quite looking forward to it. The PTA are so helpful, the tests are really well organised and we can park on site. Everyone leaves with a smile.
mocks

Re: Sutton PTA exam possible swap?

Post by mocks »

Thank you Flustered. Your comments are much appreciated.

As one of the Sutton PTA mock test organisers. I thought that I should clarify what happens when we check children into the exams on the day and why only children whose names appear on our list are let in.

Up until the Friday two weeks before each test session, we are happy to be contacted and will do our best to accommodate any changes that you need to make. This year we have processed both cancellations and date transfers for a large number of parents. Going forward, we are considering only processing cancellations and not transfers so as to ensure that spaces are made available to everyone on a first come, first served basis.

To ensure that our tests run smoothly, and most importantly that we satisfy health and safety regulations, we then prepare fire and attendance lists. We set up all of the candidates on our system ready for marking. All multiple choice answer sheets are pre-printed with your child's name, for them to confirm when they sit the test, as they will be asked to do in the real exams. All of this takes time and hence our two-week cut off for your changes. We are really sorry if this inconveniences you in any way but we do our best to accommodate you.

When you arrive, we check that your child is registered to sit with us. Where you have notified us of your child’s medical or other special needs, we reconfirm with you the arrangements that we have put in place for them as well as the emergency mobile number that you gave us when you booked, just in case we need to contact you during the test session.

All of this is to ensure that everything runs smoothly, that your child has a good test experience and is safe in our hands. Please be aware, before agreeing to swap a session with your friend, that if a child’s name does not appear on our attendance list for the session that we are running, they will be refused entry.

And finally, for those of you sitting our mocks tests this weekend, we look forward to meeting you and hope that all it goes well.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now