Wallington County 'A' mocks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

grgygirl

Wallington County 'A' mocks

Post by grgygirl »

Are we allowed to talk about these now? I think the last sitting for Paper A was this afternoon. Results on Wednesday. Does anyone know roughly how many were sitting? Ds said there were about 80 sitting on his day. I thought it was very well organised.
Daogroupie

Re: Wallington County 'A' mocks

Post by Daogroupie »

I will be very interested to hear the results. Were they all sold out?

I am interested to hear how they compare to Sutton? DG
Last edited by Daogroupie on Sun May 08, 2016 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panamul

Post by Panamul »

My DS took the mock this afternoon. He said there were places set for 120 and he reckoned only 1 or 2 were empty. I think there were 8 sittings so that would suggest a maximum of 960 if they sold out.

Last year I think I read that there were 652 on one of the Wallington County mocks.

I notice that the B test is not sold out yet.

Also, Sutton mocks have sold out for months - anyone any idea why that one is so much more popular?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Sutton mocks have been going for over ten years and their quality and organisation gets better each year. I recommend them to every Y5 11 plus student I meet.

I recommended Wallington last year to those who could not get Sutton slots and they were very pleased with the outcome.

Great to hear over one thousand this year are taking the mocks. That was great progress in one year. It took Sutton a few year to get to one thousand. DG
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

I don't think the Wallington mocks were sold out for the A or B papers which I'm surprised about as Sutton sold out so quickly.
It looks, like on here last year, children found the Wallington mock slightly harder than Sutton. My ds said it wasn't too bad which worried me as he's been struggling with time on the GL papers. He finished both papers but guessed a few. He was very nervous but skipped out happily at the end! Such a good way to get exam nerves out of the way and I'm glad the cohort is larger this year as we'll get a better idea of his ranking.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

There will be some independent schools as well as many tutors who would be encouraging all of their pupils to enter the same mocks, to have a better gauge of the cohort. Sutton will be more of known quantity for a while. Wallington will probably have to open their sittings earlier if they want to nab more, though it sounds as if they have sold plenty, which is good, both fro the PTA and for parents.
Panamul

Post by Panamul »

I just got advised by the organisers that there were 771 candidates minus no shows for the Wallington "A" Mock.
Panamul

Post by Panamul »

The results are out.

Some summary figures:
745 candidates in total
475 boys
270 girls

30th percentile standardised score:
Overall 217
Boys 218
Girls 216

20th percentile standardised score:
Overall 224
Boys 225
Girls 223

15th percentile standardised score:
Overall 228
Boys 229
Girls 226

10th percentile standardised score:
Overall 232
Boys 234
Girls 230

On average 10 standardised points are equivalent to approximately 6-7 marks in the tests
Northdad

Post by Northdad »

People with experience of these or Sutton Mocks, compared to the elevenplus exams mock from this site... How do they compare in terms of being closest to the real thing?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Closest is a relative. Venus is nearest to Earth, but at least 223 km away. :wink:

These mocks are good for peer comparison and exam experience.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now