GSCE Maths new scales as a percentage score?

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
llol39

GSCE Maths new scales as a percentage score?

Post by llol39 »

Hi all

My DD has just got an overall grade for a non-calculator & calculator test of 68% she thinks that's really bad!!

Does anyone know roughly what the would equate to on the new 9-1 scale. Or even what would that have been on the old a-e scale.

Thanks for any info
Guest55

Re: GSCE Maths new scales as a percentage score?

Post by Guest55 »

Which papers did she take? Were they exam board papers? If so, which board and which year - I can't give a meaningful answer without more information - sorry.
llol39

Post by llol39 »

Hi G55

AQA is the board, she just said one was non-calculator and the 2nd was calculator. That's all I know, she's not really a mine of information!

I suppose I just want to reassure her that 68% is ok and that it shows her what she needs to do. She's in set 2 of a 5 set local gs.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

For June 2015 that would have been a grade A but unless you can tell me more e.g. is it the new spec or ??

Has the school not given a grade/number? If not, then ask them!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

This may or may not help at all, but DD's year 10 maths exams were what sounds like cobbled together from past GCSE papers (she said the lack of a question 2 on one of them threw her a bit :roll: ), the difficult bits, I understand from her description (...). She got 63% and 60%, which was graded as an A overall.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
llol39

Post by llol39 »

Hi G55 and ToadMum thanks for your replies.

School just gave them the scores for the 2 papers, which DD has averaged out to 68%

The teachers "created" the paper, using a mix of questions, with some GCSE ones in there.

I've asked her to speak to the teacher to get a clearer picture of where she's at. Hopefully this will give her the nudge she needs to focus a little bit more.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now