Worcs Newbie - Tutors for KES Edgbaston in South Birmingham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiya

Worcs Newbie - Tutors for KES Edgbaston in South Birmingham

Post by tiya »

Hello ,

Newbie here . My Year 4 ( going to Year 5 in September 16 ) twin boys will be doing the KES ( Indy ) admission tests for Oct 2017 . Unfortunately we are based in Worcester , south of Birmingham - so are out of the loop regarding tuition classes or tutors and am finding the process quite daunting. :?

Moreover when I looked at a few websites , they specified that they will only take children in Year 3 and 4 and I am too late for the September 2016 Year 5 starters :shock: ?? They also say that they will only do weekday evenings and not weekends.

I am beginning to get really worried :( - Have I really missed the boat or is this anecdotal ?

I would be really grateful for any information regarding 1:1 or small group tuition classes in the South Birmingham area - please PM me as I do not want to break any forum rules .

Thank You in advance for any replies . :)
um

Re: Worcs Newbie - Tutors for KES Edgbaston in South Birming

Post by um »

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors or tutoring organisations (other than school/PTA and non-commercial organisations) to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' negative posts, seeking to denigrate the opposition!

Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members - check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) - who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I wouldn't get too hung up on finding a Birmimgham tutor tbh, they're going to be more focused on preparing for the grammar school test than KES. KES is a fairly standard indie exam, if you need a tutor I suggest looking for someone local to you that tutors for RGS entry, they will probably follow a more appropriate programme of work. If your son is at a prep school he probably doesn't need a tutor as well btw and the school will already have a pretty good idea of his chances.
tiya

Post by tiya »

Thank You for your reply and to the PMs from Yamin 151 and nervousmum.

Actually , they are at a prep school but because this is Worcester , they are neither in tune with the requirements of the 11 plus nor have any intention to do any teaching around it , the thinking being that all the primary school children will automatically go to the Indy Senior School.

I don't know if this is good or bad but I have heard of Year 4 and 5 pupils talking about the 11 plus in Birmingham schools during their recess. Here , there is no such thing - most of their classmates or seniors have never heard of it !

Locally I have heard of a pupil accessing a tuition centre in Solihull twice a week , but I was hoping for something a bit closer in South Birmingham .