Patters of exam paper- Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
np2604

Patters of exam paper- Bucks

Post by np2604 »

Hi All

Are both the exams multiple choice questions or students have to write letter and passage in English exam.
Please let me know.

Np
ToadMum

Re: Patters of exam paper- Bucks

Post by ToadMum »

np2604 wrote:Hi All

Are both the exams multiple choice questions or students have to write letter and passage in English exam.
Please let me know.

Np
Have you looked at the Familiarisation Booklet?
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... sfer-test/
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Please let me know.

Np
Where are you from? If you are in Bucks your DC's school will have an information evening. There is no English exam, just CEM. Look at the information here as well http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... re-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also at the top of this section is a sticky, and information on the Bucks County Council website as mentioned by ToadMum.
scary mum
Rash

Post by Rash »

Hi scary mum
sorry for hijacking the post, what do you mean by no English exam please?
Thanks
Rash
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

This is from the page I linked to upthread:

There will be two 45 minute tests; each test will consist of a mixture of questions of the different topics in multiple choice format.
Both tests will consist of Verbal (which will include an English comprehension section), Numerical and Non-verbal reasoning.

So, no separate English exam, it would appear.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Rash

Post by Rash »

Oh ok thank you Toadmum
I did try looking for your thread but could'nt find it:(
Rash
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Rash wrote:Oh ok thank you Toadmum
I did try looking for your thread but could'nt find it:(
Rash
Here you go:
ToadMum wrote:

Please let me know.

Np
Have you looked at the Familiarisation Booklet?
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... sfer-test/
Clicking on the link will take you to all one needs to know about the Bucks Transfer Test. (Or in my case, don't really need to know, as I don't have any more primary age DC and just as relevantly, don't live anywhere near Buckinghamshire. I just have a general curiosity about the broad tapestry of human whatdyamacallit, to misquote poor Mr S).
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Rash, did you not do as advised on your other thread & find the headteachers' presentation?
scary mum
np2604

Post by np2604 »

Thanks so much.
I am moving to UK for three years and when I contacted a tutor she assessed my kid and said he needs to work hard in written english (letter and passage). She is an amazing teacher (as told to me) but charges too high, 40 Pounds per hour. And I got confused as familiarisation booklet only talks about MCQ tests.

And so, we are not from Bucks primary and neither from Bucks area (North wood though). As we will be moving house after one year we can move closer to the allocated school if my child passes the test.
So, I was confused. I have also applied to Watford and looks like that is going to be tougher than Bucks.
I have bought books from Bonds (11+) exams and are practising them. Somehow 'being closer to the school', will not work for us.

Thanks for your kind reply. Do share things helpful for the test.
np
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

np2604 wrote: As we will be moving house after one year we can move closer to the allocated school if my child passes the test.
If you are not close enough to a school you won't get a place - places are allocated on distance not the score [once qualification of 121 is achieved of course].
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now