New party leaders

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

PurpleDuck

New party leaders

Post by PurpleDuck »

Things are getting interesting, with at least five candidates for the new Tory leader now, including Nicky Morgan and Jeremy Hunt also considering his options. I wonder who will get the job and who will be the best person to lead the negotiations with the EU...

I feel a bit sorry for Jeremy Corbyn, he was (perhaps still is?) adamant that he was staying put and he lost the vote of no confidence. Can anyone see an obvious potential replacement for him?
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
hermanmunster

Re: New party leaders

Post by hermanmunster »

I think Corbyn could still win the election for leader - the current electorate still seem to like and won't like a coup. Whether he can actually continue with the party as it is is another matter.

It has been mooted that there is now effectively 2 other possible official opposition parties, the 170 who voted against Corbyn and the SNP who with 56 have more MPs than Corbyn's 40.
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

So Michael Gove is standing for leader - I didn't see that coming, Boris must be upset. I'm not sure how much of a chance Theresa May has, being a 'remainer', but I would quite like a woman for a PM, maybe it would make it easier to sort out a few things with Angela Merkel.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Going to be dozens of them I think
Amber

Post by Amber »

hermanmunster wrote:Going to be dozens of them I think
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

Looking down the list one wonders how soon an emigration application to the moon would take to process.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yeah, if that's the list of the best we can produce for our future PM it's depressing. Backs up us needing free movement of people all the more!

But, looking on the bright side, it's very fortunate Nigel F. left the Conservatives a long while back and hasn't defected back in time for today's deadline.
Last edited by mystery on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amber

Post by Amber »

mystery wrote:Yeah, if that's the list of the best we can produce for our future PM it's depressing. Backs up us needing free movement of people all the more!
:lol: Yeah, free movement of politicians - one way only. There's a thought. Though I did hear someone yesterday suggesting Obama should be our next PM.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

PurpleDuck wrote: I would quite like a woman for a PM, maybe it would make it easier to sort out a few things with Angela Merkel.
Whether it is a man or a woman, I don't think that would make any difference for Angela.
Proud_Dad

Post by Proud_Dad »

Amber wrote:Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

Looking down the list one wonders how soon an emigration application to the moon would take to process.
Surely you'll be supporting Michael Gove who now has the backing of Nicky Morgan no less! They did such a great job with our education system how could they fail to make Britain a dominant world power with our superior command of the fronted adverbial! :roll:
salsa

Post by salsa »

PurpleDuck wrote:So Michael Gove is standing for leader - I didn't see that coming, Boris must be upset. I'm not sure how much of a chance Theresa May has, being a 'remainer', but I would quite like a woman for a PM, maybe it would make it easier to sort out a few things with Angela Merkel.
I guess he listened to his wife. What do you make of the email sent "by accident " to a third party?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now