Late appeal ?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
RoboR

Late appeal ?

Post by RoboR »

Is it possible to lodge a late appeal at this time ? not confident the waiting lists will move at all over the summer, this is for the region of Kent (Over-Superscription).
ToadMum

Re: Late appeal ?

Post by ToadMum »

Check with the LEA / school - I think you can cut you might not have it heard before the holidays.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

"When should I appeal?
If your appeal is for a school that KCC is the admissions authority for, or a school that uses the same
process as KCC, please ensure that your appeal is received by 13 April 2016.
Appeals received after this date will need to be accompanied by a reasonable explanation as to
why they are late. A late appeal may have to be heard after the others from the same school
"
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

Thank you,

As I am very late can I assume that I need to send all of the evidence ASAP ? (the school has already had the current appeals and are awaiting the outcomes).
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

I have just sent some information into the appealsbox, can a mod please take a look ?

Thank you !
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Please post a question on here, and we will try and help.

See the guidelines: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 23#p108023" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
    • [6] ....... You will need to post a specific question on the Appeals forum .....
      [9] You must post any question on the forum ....... The way in which you frame your question usually gives us a clue as to how to respond appropriately
As I am very late can I assume that I need to send all of the evidence ASAP ? (the school has already had the current appeals and are awaiting the outcomes).
I wouldn't have thought so. They must first notify you of the deadline for evidence (and that will depend on the date of your hearing).
See: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

Hello

Have received the schools case and have stated they have already admitted a number of children via appeal, does the panel have to read all cases before deciding ? (Even late appeals ?)
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

RoboR wrote:Hello

Have received the schools case and have stated they have already admitted a number of children via appeal, does the panel have to read all cases before deciding ? (Even late appeals ?)
If your appeal was too late to be included, then all the decisions on the main round of appeals would quite properly have been taken.
Etienne
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

Sorry to ask but is the school rep allowed to go into the room with the Panel for 10 mins before the appeal process has started and then come back out to then be called back in with us 15 mins later for the actual appeal ?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I'm not an expert, but I believe that is not allowed. I'm sure someone who knows about appeals will be able to confirm whether I'm right or not.