new sale grammar multi choice or not?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

linds13

new sale grammar multi choice or not?

Post by linds13 »

Hi
Just bought Numerical Reasoning "First Past the post" book and there is no multi choice answers - I may have misunderstood new style exams ( looking for 14 months ahead, so just started investigating) but are they not multi choice answers as the GLS were? Or have I bought wrong book?! :) Info on Sale website is brief! Thanks very much for feedback :(
yoyo123

Re: new sale grammar multi choice or not?

Post by yoyo123 »

Welcome to EPE.

I don;t know much about the area, but there is some infoe here, which may help?
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... r-trafford" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pen&paper

Post by pen&paper »

The new Trafford CEM Consortium Exams (for Sale, Urmston, Stretford and AGSG) are multiple-choice questions - with the exception of some maths answers - see below...

There may be a section of maths questions with a different answer format where the child has to write in their answer at the top of the answer box and then also identify their answers by filling a box/boxes underneath to indicate the value of the numbers.

Best to have a look on one of the grammar websites for the downloadable free familiarisation questions.
linds13

Post by linds13 »

Yes, thanks for advice, on closer reading I can see that with some of the maths will be number boxes to use, rather the choosing correct answer. But definitely different style overall - I've bought some of FPPTP verbal reasoning books for new style exam, and types on there didn't see with GLS books! Scrambled sentences look hard!! :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now