Travelling to SHSG from Laindon

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mama46

Travelling to SHSG from Laindon

Post by Mama46 »

Hi, I've been checking c2c on line for a while and asking at several stations about the kind of train ticket my DD could get and am not sure yet. I've heard about season tickets, term tickets, but is it me or the information on their website doesn't clarified much?
When I asked in Southend Central Station the lady told me they didn't hold that information at their terminal, so I should check on-line.
Please, please anybody could help/advise me about which ticket, term, season, monthly is best and if my DD could get smart card to load her tickets?
tian

Re: Travelling to SHSG from Laindon

Post by tian »

Mama46 wrote:Hi, I've been checking c2c on line for a while and asking at several stations about the kind of train ticket my DD could get and am not sure yet. I've heard about season tickets, term tickets, but is it me or the information on their website doesn't clarified much?
When I asked in Southend Central Station the lady told me they didn't hold that information at their terminal, so I should check on-line.
Please, please anybody could help/advise me about which ticket, term, season, monthly is best and if my DD could get smart card to load her tickets?
Hi Mama46.
On the website is not clear because they don't show u the price inclusive of tube.
U need to buy from any rail station and ask season card (monthly, weekly or yearly any u prefer) inclusive of tube if u need it in addition plus bus (option too).
However because your dd goes to shsg u need to ask for southend East if I am not wrong and not southend central.
In order to do season one u need to go to the station and show the zip oyster of your dd plus a form of Id just in case because they want to see the zip oyster.
I hope gives some help
Mama46

Post by Mama46 »

Thank you for your help Tian. I just happened to ask in Southend Central because I was passing by and thought that, being quite a big station, they could inform me about the smart card. But the lady there said she didn't know and that they hold that information on their terminal, so she couldn't check.
It seems only over 16's can get it, judging by the c2c website, and I don't understand why, as it would be easier to just load it with the ticket.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

You can get discounted Scholars Season Tickets for the journey Laindon to Southend East. However, you need to do this online or by phone - NOT at a station! Follow the instruction here (may have to wait a few days if the details are not up yet for the next academic year, but if you phone or email them they will be able to tell you how much the ticket will cost. For our DD, who will need a 16 - 18 ticket in September, the annual season from Benfleet is going to cost about £210).

http://www.greenrailtravel.co.uk/acatal ... kets2.html

Although the service is run by Abellio Greater Anglia, you cannot book the tickets at their stations either as it is a specific arrangement for the students at certain schools and colleges, not a public service.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Mama46

Post by Mama46 »

Thank you so much ToadMum, that was of great help. I've checked the link you've post but they don't have Laindon-Southend East yet. So I've noted down their customer number and my hubby told me he was ringing them to ask for prices. If prices are similar to what you say (I know Benfleet is about 4 stations further towards Southend East) the discount is really good. Checked c2c annual season child ticket from Laindon is £726.
I'm getting her photo card next week too, as it says on greenrailtravel she'll need one of course.
Thank you again, it's such a relief there are still kind people willing to help
tian

Post by tian »

I am sorry, I didn't know you were talking about green travel too. Yes the C2C seems just from 16 let so online.
When I called the C2C for my d's starting in sept, they told me to go to any station and show the zip and do everything together with tube.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

tian wrote:I am sorry, I didn't know you were talking about green travel too. Yes the C2C seems just from 16 let so online.
When I called the C2C for my d's starting in sept, they told me to go to any station and show the zip and do everything together with tube.
It would probably be worth checking the price for the Scholars Season price for the section of journey from the last station the Zip Oyster is valid from, to see how the two combinations compare.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tian

Post by tian »

Hi Toadmum,
Thank u for your info. I did the comparison already a while ago and c2c is slightly more expensive incl tube and plus bus but the journey is much shorter and easier. We are just 4 stops by tube to upminster. In addition he made friends with new boys from ooc living same area going SHSB too. They will do nearly same route, one tube stop of difference.
missymoo1972

Post by missymoo1972 »

Hi, can someone tell me please, is there a bus the girls can get from Southend east to SHSG? I know it's only as 10 min walk but I'm just thinking of days when it's raining heavily etc! Is it an easy walk, are there main roads to cross? Thank you x
Chai

Post by Chai »

missymoo1972 wrote:Hi, can someone tell me please, is there a bus the girls can get from Southend east to SHSG? I know it's only as 10 min walk but I'm just thinking of days when it's raining heavily etc! Is it an easy walk, are there main roads to cross? Thank you x
Your DD could:

a. Walk 3 minutes to Ilfracombe Road from Southend East

b. Take bus Number 1

c. Stop at Arlington Road

d. Walk another 2 to 3 minutes to Southend Girls High.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now