SW Herts cut off and total marks

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vinit_tyagi

SW Herts cut off and total marks

Post by vinit_tyagi »

I was reading about historic cut off marks for various schools on their respective website. I couldn't find how much are maximum marks. Do they not disclose it?

Thanks,
Vinit
ToadMum

Re: SW Herts cut off and total marks

Post by ToadMum »

vinit_tyagi wrote:I was reading about historic cut off marks for various schools on their respective website. I couldn't find how much are maximum marks. Do they not disclose it?

Thanks,
Vinit
The 'marks' are standardised scores, not 'marks out of x'. The highest raw score (which may be nowhere near 100%, BTW) will usually translate into a standardised score of 140 or 141, or 280 / 282 if the score is based on two papers. Scoring, say, 210 does not mean that the underlying raw score is 75%. (Well, it might be, but equally it might be 45%. Or 60%. Or 80%).

Similarly,a score of 115 (or 230, see previous), if the distribution of scores is 'normal', would indicate that only about 16% of candidates did better than that candidate did, not that that candidate scored 84%.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Re: SW Herts cut off and total marks

Post by Daogroupie »

The max standardised CEM score is 140 and I think the GL Maths is probably the same, which would make 280. DG