Results coming soon

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

moved

Results coming soon

Post by moved »

Waiting for two sets here. Stress quite high in our house?
Tolstoy

Re: Results coming soon

Post by Tolstoy »

Good luck, just waiting on GCSEs here so okay at the moment but suspect stress will start kicking in next week sometime :)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Did you see my thread about the new AS results?

Again I hope that people won't post grades - just let us know they are happy and we can celebrate or not happy and we can offer support.
KB

Post by KB »

Agreeing with Guest - it's quite helpful to remember they are DCs grades not ours however much we have been through on the way. First time in 10years I haven't spent most of August feeling sick with nerves!

Only exception for A level grades might be if people have very specific questions re just missed uni offers, remarks or clearing where a UMS is relevant to getting advice.
Although generally the school should have senior staff available to advise and this is usually the best route to go for help.

Very best wishes to all who are waiting. We've experienced a few ups and downs and learned that even if they seem disappointing there is always a way forward.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

I'm really impressed by all of these schools who have senior staff around ready to help sort everything out. Is that because only one or two children need it? Or there are tons of senior staff available?

The last time I saw our school results letter parents were asked to be on standby with a fully charged mobile and a copy of the Clearing lists from the Guardian. They seemed to indicate that speed was of the essence.

Good luck to all those waiting! I hope that you are only needed to assist with celebrations!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Good Luck to all those waiting!

It is first year for many years that we have no one waiting for results. Fortunately we only had one year of eye watering anxiety and that was last year with DD convincing us that she would not get the grades for the only offer she had held. :?

The deal for us was that there would be no hanging around at school and anything would be sorted from landlines at home if there was a problem. As it was an early (0700) log in to UCAS indicated that the place was OK.
KB

Post by KB »

Schools get the results before the students. With those we have been involved with they have a list of pupils who haven't made their reserve offer and do their best to find them as they collect results or to call them. There are then experienced senior staff to offer one to one practical help and that remains on offer until any remarks, clearing or arrangements for resits are in place if required.

In terms of numbers, at one school there were three senior members of staff for a year 13 of about 150 pupils.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Good luck to all those waiting. The tension is really starting to build in our house.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It varies - at all the schools I've taught it every head of department plus all UCAS team plus SLT were expected to be in. Results can be accessed by schools in the early hours of Thursday but sometimes students have had e-mails from the uni and UCAS track hasn't been updated. Usually there are fewer problems than anticipated from the 'raw' results.
KB

Post by KB »

Apologies if I was misleading. I was referring to the staff who were on pupil grabbing duty rather than all the staff who were in school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now