Results rec'd just now!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Twins mum

Results rec'd just now!

Post by Twins mum »

Hi everyone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just managed to log onto the e-admissions website and have rec'd the results for Secondary school admissions.

What a relief to say that DS one has been offered LGS and DS two SGS.

So happy that the anguish is all over and will look forward to the letter tomorrow. Not sure on how to approach a transfer appeal any advise would be appreciated.

Best of luck to those still waiting.

lolx
chad

Post by chad »

Hi Twins mum..

First.. Congratulations to your two boys they have done very well..

I am assuming that LGS is Langley Grammar and SGS is slough grammar.

If so then i will also assume that you have put Langley as first choice for both boys.
If DS2 had a slightly lower mark than DS1 in the consortium test then he could still be in with a chance of being offered Langley in further rounds of allocations. I would ensure he was on the waiting list if this is the case.

Both schools are good.... both achieving 'outstanding' in their most recent ofsted inspections ( 1's across the board).....
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/748/748895c3fyugpiju.gif[/img]
Suesole

Post by Suesole »

Hi Twins Mum

Congratulations that's brilliant news. Could you tell me which LEA you are and if Slough what website address you are using. Do you just log back into your CAF login or some other way.
I can get into Slough's CAF online forms now which I couldn't do earlier but it doesn't say anything !

Thanks and Congrats again.

Sue xx
Twins mum

Post by Twins mum »

Hi Chad

Thanks so much for your advice and your assumptions are 100% correct.

I thought they automatically placed children on a waiting list as the previous letter from LGS only mentioned that he was eligible for a place.

I will call the admissions at LGS and seek advise as to the chances for DS2 obtaining a place - but not holding my breath. Hopefully they'll be able to advise where he is ranked.

Not sure if this is a coincidence but I have the boys parent consultation tomorrow morning. Already achieved level 5's across the board.

Thanks
stevew61

Re: Results rec'd just now!

Post by stevew61 »

Twins mum wrote:Not sure on how to approach a transfer appeal any advise would be appreciated.
Best of luck to those still waiting.

lolx
Reading ( as another unitary authority ex-Berkshire ) have a twins multiple-births? policy. Had a quick look at Slough Council website and could not find similar, it tends to get buried in technical admissions forum stuff. Splitting hairs, if ones "in" the other becomes a sibling and gets some priority. :) Food for thought, I am sure it will work out, good luck.

stevew61
Twins mum

Post by Twins mum »

Hi Suesole

Thanks for the message.

My LEA is Hounslow and the below link allowed me to log into the school admissions using my email and password which I created back in Oct 07 when filling out the CAF.

It was just out of chance that we logged in and obtained the results - none of us were ready, after all the months of pain. :oops: :oops:
I phoned the LEA this morning and they advised me that I will get the results 9am tomorrow!!

I hope you have some luck on the Slough site soon. I have my fingers crossed.

Thanks

www.yourlondon.gov.uk/eadmissions
chad

Post by chad »

Hi again Twins mum.....

as this is the first year with SGS outside the consortium I am unsure as to how the waiting lists would work.
You should be correct in thinking that DS2 will be automatically on the waiting list for LGS....but I never leave these things to chance. Contacting admissions and explaining that 1 twin has been offered a place and obviously it would be beneficial for the other to be at the same school. I would ask what his chances are and does being one half of twins cut any ice with the admissions????? :wink:
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/748/748895c3fyugpiju.gif[/img]
WP

Post by WP »

stevew61 wrote:Reading ( as another unitary authority ex-Berkshire ) have a twins multiple-births? policy. Had a quick look at Slough Council website and could not find similar, it tends to get buried in technical admissions forum stuff. Splitting hairs, if ones "in" the other becomes a sibling and gets some priority. :)
Including twins in any sibling preference is now national policy, but I think the Slough schools allocate places using rank order of scores, and therefore do not give preference to siblings.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

WP wrote: Including twins in any sibling preference is now national policy, but I think the Slough schools allocate places using rank order of scores, and therefore do not give preference to siblings.
This is true and having a sibling at the school will not change the ranking on the waiting list, but I know someone who got a place on appeal two years ago probably because of a sibling.
And Twins mum, I agree with Chad. Make sure that your son is on the waiting list, and also consider an appeal.
BTW, Congratulations to both your children.