Green Bus route changes

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nervousmom

Green Bus route changes

Post by nervousmom »

We received our new Green Bus passes yesterday, along with the new route for the 884.

They have changed my DC journey time from 40 minutes to 1 hour each way and I am hopping mad!!! :evil:

They have said it is due to demand on the 885 route so have changed things around, but it doesn't seem right that we buy our passes in advance and then they change the route so dramatically without informing us first.

We haven't dared tell our DS yet, I'm too scared to because he will go mad!! :?

I sent them an email yesterday, but as usual I haven't had a reply. ( I recently sent 3 emails and left 2-3 phone messages about another issue and did not receive a response from them)

We will be phoning them on Tuesday again to try and speak to someone about this.

Is anyone else effected by changes to their routes!
kenyancowgirl

Re: Green Bus route changes

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Our route changes each year, at about this time, because, until the last minute, they do not always know who will be going to the school and have to work out the best/most economical route.

I assume, by changing the route, they are stopping having to charge you more? From a cost/environment point of view, I guess they have to make the service as full as possible.
nervousmom

Re: Green Bus route changes

Post by nervousmom »

I know they do change the route each year, last year was better as they reduced the journey time by 10 minutes and my DS was over the moon.

As I will have 2 DC getting the bus this year I had asked them if the route could be changed to be brought nearer to us, as it stands now, we have to take the kids by car to the nearest bus stop as it's too far to walk to, but unfortunately they were unable to do this and I am happy with the reason the gave.

However, that aside, I still think adding an extra 20 minutes to the journey each way is a bit too much. Maybe the times will be tweaked a little as the new route becomes more familiar to the driver.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now