GCSE exam dates for 2018

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tinkers

GCSE exam dates for 2018

Post by Tinkers »

I know, I know it's bit early to be thinking about it.

However we've decided to make plans for a big holiday, probably safari, just after DDs GCSE exams have finished. DH and I got together on safari, so seems fitting. We don't really do big holidays often and usually stay in the UK.

We want to go as early as we can after DD has done her GCSEs so need to know when the latest exam date would be. Any ideas from those of you who had DCs who have done them?
(She will be doing eng lit, eng Lang, maths, three sciences, German, geog, music, ICT and textiles.)
Amber

Re: GCSE exam dates for 2018

Post by Amber »

Just google 'AQA GCSE timetable 2017' and you will get the list; substitute the other exam boards as appropriate. Most GCSEs are done by mid-June.

Be aware of sixth form induction days though.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

No details for 2018 yet unfortunately. (Not for aqa anyway and most of her are aqa) Thankfully her school has an induction date for sixth form quite late on. We are intending to get back before GCSE results.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Possibly, exams may finish a little earlier in 2018, as some subjects would have fewer papers than at present, for example, new science specifications.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Officially the 'leaving' date for Year 11 is the last Friday in June so exams must be over by then.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Tinkers wrote:No details for 2018 yet unfortunately. (Not for aqa anyway and most of her are aqa) Thankfully her school has an induction date for sixth form quite late on. We are intending to get back before GCSE results.
Ah yes I suppose I should have read the title.

But heck you are very long-term planners aren't you? :shock: If we manage to plan a trip 6 weeks in advance we are congratulating ourselves on our planning!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Yes we don't normally plan holidays this far in advance, but this is a special one.
DH is also a project manager and I've been a project engineer in the past, so planning is something we instinctively do.

Thank G55. Seems early July is doable. Gives us something to work on.
honscupboard

Post by honscupboard »

Don't forget Prom! We had to change holiday dates one year because of this..........!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Her school don't have one as far as we know. She isn't a big disco fan and would tend to avoid it anyway.
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

The GCSE exams at DS1's school finished on the 29th June this year, if that helps.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now